Would you buy your Yukon/Tahoe again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 2500 miles on our 18 YXL SLT driving it from NC home...well...almost home, we are still in Utah visiting friends. So far so good, when we rented a Suburban last eyar we didn't feel that it was 10 years better than our old YXL but this one does. I think it is more the equipment that is on this one. The cooled seats are amazing as is the heated wheels. I have come really like the Adaptive Cruise Control.

Caitlin Bein

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm curious the resale on Tahoes. We are getting a brand new one. Our Toyota Sequoia held it's value really well and I'm curious if Tahoe is the same.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious the resale on Tahoes. We are getting a brand new one. Our Toyota Sequoia held it's value really well and I'm curious if Tahoe is the same.

It’s temporary insanity today. I bought a 16 Tahoe in 18 with 22k miles. Today I’m getting my money back after 3 years and 35k miles I’ve put on it (I also have 2 above sticker offers on my 19 Z06 corvette which I got at 24% off sticker in Dec of 2019). So it’s pure insanity right now.
That said, if you’re buying brand new today, unless you’re a GM employee, you’re not getting much $ off sticker, if any. Assuming the world swings back towards more sane decisions in next few years, you’ll probably not be terribly happy with your trade-in value. I have now owned 3 Tahoes, and have never regretted my decision of buying one. It will certainly hold its value better than most family SUVs on the market, but keep in mind higher gas prices also impact the resale of full-size trucks

Last edited:

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check Carmax, Vroom and such, they are offering very aggressive numbers.

jimr5454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on trade in affecting the future ev cars comming? I know it'll be awhile before they are common in market and a long while before large suv are affected but it is comming ?

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on trade in affecting the future ev cars comming? I know it'll be awhile before they are common in market and a long while before large suv are affected but it is comming ?
I have said that our 2018 might be the last ICE vehicle we buy.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we've gotten so used to print and spend, I expect to start seeing cash for ICE gov't programs by2025. By 2028, the math is unlikely to favor ICE vehicles. Taxes and operating costs will likely make ICE hard to justify by the end of this decade. I'm with Phil, my 19 Tahoe is likely my last full size ICE truck.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford F-150 Lightning EV looks very intriguing. Vroom offered me $44k for my truck. An upstart - inride.com - offered $52k for a base 19 Suburban LT (no options) with 18k miles.

Interesting times we are in.

As far as EVs, the biggest issues for me are cost and range. I know others will be concerned with towing as well. I want to be able to make it down from DC to Norfolk (with some local driving around town) and back without recharging.

Cost for the F150 Lightning XLT or Pro could be ok with insane used car trade in values and EV tax credits if they both exist in 12-18 months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan