Would you buy your Yukon/Tahoe again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Richard2017

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a '17 Yukon Denali. Even though I don't tow, I have two kids and there's a lot to like about the Yukon. We take at least one long road trip a year and the comfort is a strong factor. I have a preference for the 6.2 and the 8 speed so that's where the Denali comes in.

I could get comparable room in a Chevy Traverse. Not sure how the new '18's drive though.

After seeing that Consumer Reports ranked the Yukon/Tahoe 8th out of 10 with 51 out of 100 points, would you buy it again?

From their perspective it's completely unreliable, won't handle accident avoidance, etc.
Yes, the 5.3L engine rules but.....my 2017 is a harsher ride than my 2013 which was a harsher ride than my 1999. Throttle response has been progressively slower. Braking has become progressively softer. I hate the flat and hard seats in the 2017. The hideaway 3rd row in the 2017 is huge improvement. The rear wiper on the 2017 is better than previous. The hidden tow receiver is too high on the 2017. The collision avoidance vibrations are annoying. The tiny mirrors on the 2017 are a step backwards from the previous models. The "don't look at this screen" prompt is the pinnacle of stupidity. I hate the rear view mirror talking to me about On Star (I don't subscribe). The 1999 daytime light bulbs went out every so often but it was a quick fix. The 2013 and 2017 headlights are too difficult to access. The fog lamps have gotten progressively weaker and are useless on the 2017. I planned a 2021 purchase and held off due to lack of choice and availability. To buy a new one I will never just place an order again. For the 2022 I will sit in the muffugga and drive it before I buy it. I hope to stay with Tahoe but I like each one less than the one before.

SSpinball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 17 Tahoe love it, just bought a 16 Denali, so Yes would buy again.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s amazing that this 5+ year old original post (from August 2017) is still getting replies.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got our 2019 out of need mostly. Ready to hit the road and travel and just needed a cargo machine. Has served its purpose very well for that. But I mostly don't drive it around locally much. Booming interior on many local streets, poor visibility, too big for me to relax and drive in many cases. And constant worry about those rinky **** lifters going bad 500 miles from home. And if I was in the market today - no way I'd put up with the ordering BS, long wait times, uncertainty, and absurd pricing.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my 2019 Yukon 6.2. I would buy it again in a millisecond.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did buy a k2xx twice would buy again. I had a dark grey 2016 Tahoe LT 4x4 which I leased till 2020. I loved the truck but wished I went for the LTZ. I also had a 2008 Escalade that I owned since new and loved the mag ride so I found myself driving it more than the 2016 LT. I didn't like the suspension because it was not mag ride or electronic. Last January I purchased a 2018 Escalade Luxury in white with black interior with low miles and sold my 2008. I would buy a 2020 again in a couple of years with low miles and probably a platinum. I would only buy trucks from Texas or California and do a rust treatment. I don't like the current gen. of GM suvs because they are bulky due to the need to add independent rear suspension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons