Would you buy your Yukon/Tahoe again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newhard2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
NOPE...Would't buy my 2016 Tahoe LTZ again. This is the worst riding one I have had to date. Owned 4 prior versions of Tahoe and Yukon's. It came factory with Midnight Package (black emblems, and 22" black wheels).

My brothers Silverado rides nicer that this SUV....Actually looking to trade it bc the ride quality is crap.....

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I wouldn't buy again till I drive the Expedition first.

I am not 100% satisficed with my 2018 Premier but couldn't be 100% certain till I drive the other brand. I didn't want Ford first gen Expedition so I passed on looking at it but after some time in my suburban.......I wish I did try Ford

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would 100% buy my Suburban again. I love what I got and the options it came with.... nothing fancy but just the right amount of luxury.... I want another one but this time I wanna look for a 2019 Duraburb built 3500 suburban or a used fleet 3500 LT suburban with the 6.0

01pewterz28

Reaction score
Yes and No

No because I would buy a 2021 because they are out, but if the 21's were not out I would by my 18 Yukon XL all over again a great vehicle.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be safe no first year vehicles. Lots of problems with the 2015. A 2020 would be a safe bet. All the bugs should be worked out. Good luck.

Last edited:

ThisIsLivin

Reaction score
I should have lemon lawed mine and got the 2016. Lots of gremlins, the electronics suck. Temp control is garbage, collision detection goes off randomly, rain sensing wipers run with no rain and don't with rain, Instrument panel goes dark when passing under overpasses and stays dark for miles, had to have the torque convertor replaced and trans rebuilt, had to get the condenser repaired, replaced the magnetic ride, had to reprogram the ECU to keep the engine from shutting off on the 1-2 shift, I did the AFM delete, I have to replace the GPS antenna, driver door wiring is bad already. For what I need this is the only vehicle that fits so I'm stuck. I tow more than 6000lbs, I drive in very deep heavy snow, I need the space, and I love the sound system. By the time I'm done fixing everything I will have a really nice vehicle. Absolutely no excuse for all these issues, just really bad engineering. I wish the full service manuals weren't so expensive so I could redesign these systems and make them work right. Don't buy a 2015!!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did Lemon Law an early build 2015 in Florida. The key was documentation and making sure I had all my service records. GM "no" customer service was terrible but that was just my personal experience with them and I don't speak for everyone. I wrote a letter to GM headquarters citing all my past GM vehicles (there were many) and I never received a response not even a John Dear letter. The area representative and I had to battle all the way to the end which included the final hearing (so much for helping the customer). I was awarded full retail price minus a small fee for mileage plus the GM accessories I had installed. I still purchased a new 2016 not giving up on GM. I have been a GM guy all my life going back to owning a 66 Nova SS 327 when I graduated from high school. I really feel bad for the owners who don't know any better and take a bath trying to get out of their problem vehicle when there are other avenues to take. I would have also taken a bath as the area representative offered $1000 good faith money to help me out of my 2015 on a new one. Needless to say I declined. I did this on my own but there are Lemon Law attorneys who can help and a lot of states offer no up front money and the attorney gets paid through the settlement. I read on the truck forum that someone even got a considerable amount for punitive damages, he must of had a good attorney.

juicedgsr95

Reaction score
I should have bought a Suburban instead of my Tahoe. Doesnt fit in the garage anyway and no down side to having more interior space.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Selling my 16 Tahoe with 56k trouble free miles and bought a 19 CPO Tahoe with 17k miles. I know not everyone always gets a good product right out of the gate, but to answer the OP, yes, I would and did.

jimr5454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would buy my hybrid version .19+ mpg no matter how I drove or idled it!
I'm not sure about my 16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9