Would you buy your Yukon/Tahoe again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had a Suburban and 3 Tahoes. Loved them aall and had very few problems with any of them and no serious or expensive problems. The most expensive repairs were replacing the A/C compressor and the front differential chunk on my 2005 Z-71. Remember the admonition about not driving in 4wd on hard surfaces roads, that it can damage your vehicle? It’s very true! I forgot to take mine out of 4Hi. When I realized it 35 miles later, it was too late.

Would I buy another one? Absolutely! Mine have all been great vehicles and are especially great highway vehicles. My 3 Tahoe’s were all 4wd and I never had a problem with any of them except as mentioned above and that was my fault.

wu6fiend

Reaction score
Yes, I must love these vehicles because I've had three (2005, 2009 and 2016), all white with grey or black interiors, all SWB, all Denalis. I probably won't buy a 2021+ model because I have no need to as mine is practically brand new, and the styling doesn't really appeal to me anyway. Although, I have been looking at Escalades!

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even with all the GM quirks, I don't see anything anywhere else that would interest me or my wife. And pickings are pretty damn slim nowadays if you want a full-size SUV with room for 7-8 plus proper (full-size?) cargo area, anyway.

Not that we really need all that room, but since she's the boss... :emotions133:

Craignor

Reaction score
Even with all the GM quirks, I don't see anything anywhere else that would interest me or my wife. And pickings are pretty damn slim nowadays if you want a full-size SUV with room for 7-8 plus proper (full-size?) cargo area, anyway.

This above is so true, I agree with the above 100%.

I needed a full sized SUV, maximum cargo room, big towing capacity, room for the family and dog, plus I wanted a powerful V8 engine. The only ones I found that fit my criteria were the GMC Yukon, the Ford Expedition (no V8 and ugly IMO) and the Mercedes GLS (looks like a mom-mobile, too much money, and way too fancy for the hauling I do)

So I test drove the Yukon, loved how it felt, and looked and I bought it on an “Employee Pricing For Everyone” deal. Didn’t even look at or drive the Excursion or Mercedes.

Last edited:

White Shadow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a '17 Yukon Denali. Even though I don't tow, I have two kids and there's a lot to like about the Yukon. We take at least one long road trip a year and the comfort is a strong factor. I have a preference for the 6.2 and the 8 speed so that's where the Denali comes in.

I could get comparable room in a Chevy Traverse. Not sure how the new '18's drive though.

After seeing that Consumer Reports ranked the Yukon/Tahoe 8th out of 10 with 51 out of 100 points, would you buy it again?

From their perspective it's completely unreliable, won't handle accident avoidance, etc.
I'm on my third Yukon and have had issues with only one. the 2008 had lifters and cam issue. My 2016 is good so far. Nothing major at this point.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started my love affair back in 2000 with a 1999 Chevy Tahoe LT 4WD with the pick-up style tail gate. It was originally from Canada so I had to replace some light lenses, but no biggie. I absolutely loved it! Had some fuel system & injector problems. I wasn't to fond of the 3 fuel pumps either. One in the fuel tank to get the fuel to the pump outside the tank to get it to the engine and spider distribution to the injectors. Was a real pain, but I really loved that truck...I still, on occasion, reach for the overhead console A/C controls or rear tail gate release. But I digress. Now I have a 2012 Yukon SLE and absolutely not getting rid of it. It has been reliable and I have had minor problems that normally come with an older vehicle. The vehicle is great...the dealership I bought it from has gone to SHIT! So as far as GM support I wouldn't count on it, but as far as buying it again...Yes, in a heart beat!

jimr5454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went from a 08 hybrid which the mpg was a EASY 19 mpg to my 16 yukon denali
Which I am lucky if I get 15 maybe 16mpg no matter how I drive it but besides being spoiled with what I consider great mpg for a huge brick driving down the road I absolutly do enjoy the upgrades on the 16 denali as my 08 had 274,000 miles but ran GRRAT .I think I would still but it or wait as I believe a new generation of ev trucks is comming pretty soon.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If only I can find a 6.2, 10 speed, with out the MRC.

then maybe. Otherwise... no

wu6fiend

Reaction score
Yes. I must like these vehicles, since I've owned three of them (2005, 2009 and 2016) all white, all SWB, all Denails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan