Would you buy your Yukon/Tahoe again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting you say that. I test drove an 18 and 17 back to back several months ago, and could have sworn the 18’s seat was softer. They were both Denali XLs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure. I can even press on the seat and they make an unrefined squishy foam sound. Definitely not firm.

Mine do that too, they’re certainly not recaros or something but I find them very firm. Especially when compared to the last gen. Just happened to read this article today

7f0a5a8cd5d5252f939819894ec0ca22.jpg

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel their marshmallowey. Their amongst the softer seats I’ve had in a new vehicle. They feel softer than my 17. The 17 felt “flat”.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine do that too, they’re certainly not recaros or something but I find them very firm. Especially when compared to the last gen. Just happened to read this article today

7f0a5a8cd5d5252f939819894ec0ca22.jpg

However, I do believe the Denali and Premier seats feel different from the LT. Maybe it’s the perforation amongst other differences.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A year or two before I bought my Tahoe, I had a Yukon as a rental that did that. I drove it around Chicago and the seat vibrated every time I went through a toll booth. I decided it was terribly distracting and turned the feature off on my own Tahoe before I drove off the lot. Do you like it?
Turned it off and rely on the chime alert instead.

Reaction score
However, I do believe the Denali and Premier seats feel different from the LT. Maybe it’s the perforation amongst other differences.

Denali and Premier seats are softer or harder than the LT?

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denali and Premier seats are softer or harder than the LT?

In my experience test driving them all back to back, I felt like the LT seats had less support and felt a little squishy, giving in a few inches before reaching the hard foam inside. On the Premier and Denali, I felt like the seats were more supportive, and yes, a little harder because they kind of kept their shape (in a good way). But I’m also used to German cars where the seats are more firm and provide more support, so maybe it’s just my personal preferences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9