Would you buy your Yukon/Tahoe again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
BIG step. GM compensated with hideous shapes and over styling throughout the cabin. Plastic still in too many places. The 8” infotainment looks a bit small and the graphics are so low res it’s disappointing. But I still love mine somehow lol it’s special in its own way I guess. I just wish the interior were better. My X5 and wife’s Grand Cherokee spoiled me.

X5! Don’t get me started. If only all SUV’s could drive as well as an X5. And you’re right, those interiors are tight and near perfect in the fit and finish department. It’ll be interesting to see what the upcoming and larger X7 will be like. I don’t think it’s near as large interior wise as a Suburban, but these car based SUVs keep getting larger and are starting to get close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I had a 2015 Tahoe LTZ and now have a 2017 Yukon Denali. Would I buy the 15 again, No. The 17, Yes. The seats on the 17 Tahoe and Yukons were softened up. They are what should have been in the 15s. Both the 15 and 17 had MRC, but the 17 is noticeably more compliant. Now, is that just due to it being a Denali or a change for 17, don't know as I didn't drive a 17 Tahoe as I wanted the 8 speed and 6.2 for towing my 5K# boat. My 15 had issues with the all the door trim falling off by 2500 miles. The 17 hasn't had any problems in its first 5000 miles. I had 28,000 on the Tahoe when I traded it in, but it did not experience any mechanical or powertrain issues.

I've owned both a '15 and '16 Suburban LTZ and our primary complaint is the hard seats. I know some people prefer that, but both my wife and I hate them. Is your '17 noticeably softer? If so, I'm now reconsidering my current plan to keep my Sub for a couple more years until the next body style change.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned both a '15 and '16 Suburban LTZ and our primary complaint is the hard seats. I know some people prefer that, but both my wife and I hate them. Is your '17 noticeably softer? If so, I'm now reconsidering my current plan to keep my Sub for a couple more years until the next body style change.
I rented a 15 LTZ Suburban on a regular basis (same one by coincidence each time) and found the seats extremely hard and uncomfortable. My 16 and 17 LS Suburbans did not have that problem. The 17 Suburban also has the safety package with the seats that vibrate for lane keep.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 17 Suburban also has the safety package with the seats that vibrate for lane keep.
A year or two before I bought my Tahoe, I had a Yukon as a rental that did that. I drove it around Chicago and the seat vibrated every time I went through a toll booth. I decided it was terribly distracting and turned the feature off on my own Tahoe before I drove off the lot. Do you like it?

Reaction score
I rented a 15 LTZ Suburban on a regular basis (same one by coincidence each time) and found the seats extremely hard and uncomfortable. My 16 and 17 LS Suburbans did not have that problem. The 17 Suburban also has the safety package with the seats that vibrate for lane keep.
I actually have mine on. It took me a while to get used to, but we drive on two lane roads alot and I figure if I ever went to sleep and something terrible happened, I would never forgive myself for not having it on. Had a friend who went off the road that way, and I reckon this feature would have saved them a totaled car. Thankfully no major injuries.

That being said, my 2016 doesn't vibrate near as much as my 15 did. As an example, if the car thinks you're going to crash (like coming up on a car in front of you quite quickly), the 16 has HUD and it flashes a huge red sign on the window, but doesn't vibrate the seat. The 15 would flash an LED line in the windshield and vibrate the seat. Since the aforementioned situation is one I encounter a but too regularily due to slow drivers in the fast lane , I like that the 16 doesn't vibrate in that circumstance.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate the safety seat. But my 18 has squishy seats, no issue with their comfort.

Interesting. Car mags are still bellyaching about the Tahoe seats. Wonder if they changed them all that much for 18...?

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Car mags are still bellyaching about the Tahoe seats. Wonder if they changed them all that much for 18...?
I’m not sure. I can even press on the seat and they make an unrefined squishy foam sound. Definitely not firm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC