Would you buy your Yukon or Tahoe again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a cult. They brainwash their customers into believing reliability, and make them the culprit when something goes wrong (you must have done something to it!). And dont get me started on the dealer add ons...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think some people's politics come into play too- it's part of the 'America is bad' mindset.

joe

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
Same with Toyota. I do not understand why their reputation is so good. What other car maker has had to recall chaassis? My wife's Sienna has spent the last 17 years developing new problems-

Engine recall after class action suit, sliding doors that won't slide, headlights that randomly go dark and won't stay repaired, broken door handles, outside mirror that won't maintain position, and more.

joe

I've had good luck with Toyotas. My wife has a Rav4, and the only problem has been constant recalls to repeatedly replace the same suspension parts. I'm starting to think that's all a scam to get the cars in the dealer so they can sell BS repairs. Stuff like - they'll tell my wife the shocks are leaking and need to be replaced. The wife calls me, and I say "BS! Not on a 30,000 mile car." I then lift it up at home and verify that they were lying.

My main complaint with Toyotas are that they are boring. The Toyota Sequoia drives like an underpowered Uhaul truck compared to the Yukon, and didn't have close to the amount of cool modern features. Also - my wife's Rav4 sounds like a diesel truck when she fires it up in the morning.

I’ve had 4 Hondas ( 2 Accords and 2 Odyssey’s ) Both Odyssey’s and 1 Accord had catastrophic transmission failures between 105K to 120K. I will never own another one. My trucks will always be GMC/Chevy and Toyota’s for cars

I'd bet that Accord was a V6. Honda 4 cylinder automatic transmissions will run forever. The V6 ones die early deaths, since they were designed without a filter. In my case, it was a safety hazard. Both times it failed, it was completely without warning. I was driving along fine, then the transmission acted like a manual does when you push the clutch in, and the car rolled to a stop. The second time it happened was in the middle of an intersection on a street with a 55 mph speed limit. There were only 15,000 miles on that transmission.

Last edited:

Amanda4461

Reaction score
I vote for repeat buys of GM products, even though I had two lemons and several duds in the early 80's. Went through Hondas that I loved, BMW's that were fabulous till you needed a part post-warranty, then got a 2008 Vette that was trouble-free from day 1, influencing me to buy a new 2010 Tahoe LTZ. the Tahoe was another trouble-free GM vehicle that I put 155k miles on, then decided I liked the 6.2 liter and the 10-speed of the 2018 Denali and traded for it. The Tahoe had one failure after 100k miles when the air compressor failed on the suspension. A cheap and easy fix. The 5.3 liter was weak for my taste, but the new Denali 's 6.2 liter and the fabulous 10 speed tranny fixed any complaints I had. Doesn't hurt anything that I get 24mpg driving on cruise at 75mph in NC, when the old Tahoe struggled to give me 18mpg, and was slow to boot. GM has come a long way since the 80's, even if they did stick me with a nasty stock market loss when they went bankrupt.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had good luck with Toyotas. My wife has a Rav4, and the only problem has been constant recalls to repeatedly replace the same suspension parts. I'm starting to think that's all a scam to get the cars in the dealer so they can sell BS repairs. Stuff like - they'll tell my wife the shocks are leaking and need to be replaced. The wife calls me, and I say "BS! Not on a 30,000 mile car." I then lift it up at home and verify that they were lying.

My main complaint with Toyotas are that they are boring. The Toyota Sequoia drives like an underpowered Uhaul truck compared to the Yukon, and didn't have close to the amount of cool modern features. Also - my wife's Rav4 sounds like a diesel truck when she fires it up in the morning.

I'd bet that Accord was a V6. Honda 4 cylinder automatic transmissions will run forever. The V6 ones die early deaths, since they were designed without a filter. In my case, it was a safety hazard. Both times it failed, it was completely without warning. I was driving along fine, then the transmission acted like a manual does when you push the clutch in, and the car rolled to a stop. The second time it happened was in the middle of an intersection on a street with a 55 mph speed limit. There were only 15,000 miles on that transmission.

Yep, the 3 that has tranny issues were V6’s. My buddy’s 2015 Sport had his trans die at 50K miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd