Would trail boss axle half shaft fit Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyper z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, the Trail Boss-AT4 cv shaft will fit. But your issue is your upper control arms, they are known for failure with altered angles.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Trail Boss-AT4 cv shaft will fit. But your issue is your upper control arms, they are known for failure with altered angles.

Its a known thing? With the new models?

Ive never heard of anyone needing to replace theirs yet.

nick14226

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP’s readylift has replacement UCA’s. Issue is a torn inner cv boot.

You’ve seen a Silverado Trail Boss or Sierra AT4 cv used in a Tahoe/Yukon? Any chance to point in a direction of who and/or pics, I’d love to see what they did as I’ve been curious about this too.

Btw, though I don’t know by any means, but doubt the Tahoe z71 or Yukon AT4 with air ride and ability to lift would have longer cv’s as they spend most of their life (if stock) at normal ride height.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UCAs are known for failure in the gm trucks that go higher than 2” but as stated the op has aftermarket ones installed. Seems there’s not many reports of failed ucas on these new suvs maybe because lifts over 2” weren’t very common until more recently

jgraves

Reaction score
One of the Youtube reviews of the Escalade V interviews a GM engineer or product manager who states the Trail Boss CV shafts were one of the few driveline upgrades made for the additional power. I don't recall which channel.

SavageDad

Reaction score
Here, at 4 minutes the GM engineer states that trail boss front half shafts were used on Escallade V:

I wonder if that and the uca swap would be enough to bulletproof against mechanical failure due to lifting. We bought a Z71 Suburban last May and after an unpleasant experience with some mud that my old 4Runner would have just walked through I mentioned to my service advisor that I was looking at lift kits and mud/hybrid at tires. He informed me that they're seeing a lot of trucks coming back with damaged suspension and broken axles caused by guys running tires too large and needlessly high lifts. Personally I haven't seen anybody running around with a 12" Skyjacker kit and 52s so I'm assuming he was talking about 3-4" kits and guys running 37s which is what I had in mind before our conversation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts