Would not Idle after Brief Stop - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it hasn't been done yet, I would recommend inspecting/replacing the fuel pump relay and checking the fuel pressure regulator. Could also have been a spot of bad gas.
Good suggestion. I will replace the relay. Easy enough. I did look at the regulator. Not sure how to troubleshoot that though.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good suggestion. I will replace the relay. Easy enough. I did look at the regulator. Not sure how to troubleshoot that though.

Standard fuel pressure test, making sure it's not letting the pressure leak down.

Also run the engine for a little while, turn it off, then pull the vacuum line to the regulator. Check the vacuum line for fuel. Watch for two or three minutes (be patient, it can take a little time) to see if any fuel comes out of the regulator's vacuum port, which would tell you that it's leaking internally.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the fuel pressure regulator checked out good. Replaced the relay, checked wiring and disconnected/cleaned/reconnected numerous connectors. Nothing obvious. The Tahoe is still running great. Took it out on errands a little while ago and made several stops. No issue. I hate intermittent issues. If I'm lucky maybe I stumbled across the issue in one of the connectors I cleaned. I will keep you all posted. Thanks again for the help.