Would not Idle after Brief Stop - SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Strange thing happened one day on the way to my American Legion. All of a sudden my engine idled rough and would have died at a stop if I did not shift to neutral and rev to keep running. I was a block away from the Legion and pulled in with it running bad and shut off. Had a few drinks to build up courage for the dreaded drive home and when started it ran like a top. The CEL was on and showed a problem at sensor 1 bank 1. I replaced all 4 sensors and never had a problem again. When I did have the initial problem, the CEL was on then.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another day and another day without this issue. I did not replace the intake manifold as planned this weekend because I did not want to add to the troubleshooting equation. May go another week and see what happens.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three more days and the gremlin has not reappeared. I'm going to assume at this point that my troubleshooting, pulling/cleaning connectors and replacing the relay has corrected this problem. Therefore, my TBSS intake may get installed this weekend.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Three more days and the gremlin has not reappeared. I'm going to assume at this point that my troubleshooting, pulling/cleaning connectors and replacing the relay has corrected this problem. Therefore, my TBSS intake may get installed this weekend.
You jinxed it by saying three days.....go a week and then get cocky.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After almost two months and no further issues, I'm considering this issue SOLVED. Or at least no longer an issue. My assumption is that by pulling and cleaning multiple plugs and connections and replacing my fuel pump relay I may have fixed this particular issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal