Workin at the carwash, yeah!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's see your carwash pics and hear about your setup. My goal is to never ever run the '21 through a traditional carwash as long as I own it but what is everyone else doing? I start with a good washdown using a honda pressure washer to get the crud off then go 3 bucket technique. Wash the wheels and tires first, douse it with Adams Polish mega foam using a foam gun hooked to the pressure washer then scrub her down with a Chemical guys microfiber wash mitt utilizing a soap bucket and a rinse bucket. Good rinse then dry her off with a Dreadknot microfiber drying towel. Only thing I'd like to add to the mix is maybe an air cannon to knock the heavy water off first...Long term goal is to build an indoor/covered space at my house so I can wash like this year round, rain or shine.
IMG_3469.jpgIMG_3595.jpg

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just use one of these canister soap guns that attaches to a garden hose and a clean mitt every time. I then pull it in the garage and use a thing called "The Absorber" to chamois it off.
I'm not that **** about washing it.. you can use the 16 step method or the one step method, it still basically gets it clean and could be dirty again on your next trip down the road.
I do agree though that none of my vehicles ever see an automatic car wash. Surest way to ruin any finish....

OP
OP
R32driver

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added a deionizer into the mix a couple of years ago. Rinse with DI water and no drying needed.
Is that kinda like reverse osmosis? We had a whole home RO system (even the exterior faucets, long story) in our first house and it made for excellent car washes with no water spots. We live on a farm now and the water is great but definitely have to dry to avoid spots

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Is that kinda like reverse osmosis? We had a whole home RO system (even the exterior faucets, long story) in our first house and it made for excellent car washes with no water spots. We live on a farm now and the water is great but definitely have to dry to avoid spots
DI uses a different method but with similarities in the outcome to reduce dissolved minerals. RO uses a permeable filter membrane under pressure, and can be back flushed and cycled many times before replacing.

DI uses pellets in the filter to trap the minerals and when the pellets are saturated you replace them.

RO removes ~70% of minerals depending on design while DI can get very close to 100%.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washing the car is my zen time, the kids DO NOT get to "help"
Im the same way. Like mowing the lawn…just let me do it and stay the f away lol

I came home from work one day and my kids were super excited to tell me about a surprise they had for me. I was like cool whats up…they proceeded to tell me they washed my truck for me. I looked at my wife and was like you backed it out of the garage for them to wash it? She was like no, i had no clue they washed it. I asked the kids how they washed it in the garage…they told me they used wet rags, it worked really well at getting all the dirt off. I was a little furious to say the least. However, at 6 and 8 years old i guess they thought they were doing me a favor.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im the same way. Like mowing the lawn…just let me do it and stay the f away lol

I came home from work one day and my kids were super excited to tell me about a surprise they had for me. I was like cool whats up…they proceeded to tell me they washed my truck for me. I looked at my wife and was like you backed it out of the garage for them to wash it? She was like no, i had no clue they washed it. I asked the kids how they washed it in the garage…they told me they used wet rags, it worked really well at getting all the dirt off. I was a little furious to say the least. However, at 6 and 8 years old i guess they thought they were doing me a favor.
Of course they thought they were pleasing Dad! Hopefully they did not perceive your true emotions as their memories for such things can last a lifetime!

Now I have to pay them! LOL