Won’t bring up android auto. USB port dead/fuse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brianst

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2016 Tahoe. Cannot get the car to connect to android auto. tried everything. Wondering about the two usb ports in the front where I plug in the phone. There is no "charge" indicator on my phone. Could the usb ports be dead, broken fuse? If this were the case, this would cause the car to not read my phone and bring up android auto, correct?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2016 Tahoe. Cannot get the car to connect to android auto. tried everything. Wondering about the two usb ports in the front where I plug in the phone. There is no "charge" indicator on my phone. Could the usb ports be dead, broken fuse? If this were the case, this would cause the car to not read my phone and bring up android auto, correct?
android auto & apple carplay are dependent upon the radio package you have, some 2016's radio packages came with a 2015 radio and a $200 credit in which case you cannot get the free update, if it is a 2016 radio you might check with the dealer to see if you qualify for the free update.
otherwise go to your phone bluetooth settings and
Select “Pair Device.” Select “Chevy MyLink” from your phone's Bluetooth menu. Your phone will display a message with a pin number — enter this number into the vehicle's touchscreen. Push the “Yes” button on the MyLink screen when prompted. then plug in the usb cable and if the android auto option appears on the screen then select it.
if that does not work then
  1. From the Home menu, select the “Settings” icon.
  2. Select “Return to Factory Settings.”
  3. Depending on the type of issue you’re having, you might need to try these options: “Restore Vehicle Settings,” “Clear All Private Data,” or “Restore Radio Settings” (depending on the type of issue that you’re having). You may need to progress through multiple options here to resolve your issues fully.
and if all that fails you can pay for a upgrade module online and install it yourself, there not cheap though typically $500-650