Wiring help for idiot!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on amp to complete my system install. But I'm like a kid that can't wait. I was going to go ahead and install the Pioneer 4200dvd and while sodering the harness together with the Scosche GM2000 chime crap. I have a few wires in question. I hope you guys can give some info. There is a solid orange wire coming from Scosche. Does this connect to orange & white wire from HU? I read something about illumination but not sure if I need and colors match is questionable. I also have a blue & white wire coming from Scosche & not sure where that goes. On the HU side I have the solid blue remote wire & a lavendar & white wire reverse gear wire left. There is also the mute wire which I don't think I need at this time. Any help or info I can get is appreciated. Thx.

Attachments

• DSC01768.jpg
    DSC01768.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC01769.jpg
    DSC01769.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC01770.jpg
    DSC01770.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01771.jpg
    DSC01771.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 11

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the blue wire depends on whether you are going to use the stock bose amp. if you are, you'll need to connect that to the blue remote wire from the wiring harness.

i don't think you're HU will support dimming will it? probably not, so the orange wire doesn't need to get hooked up.

depending on whether you have a backup camera will depend on the purple wire.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
The 4200 does not support dimming, but it does use the orange wire to determine when the headlights are on and adjust the HU brightness in accordance to how bright it is outside (whether night with headlights, or day with no headlights).
And yes the orange and orange/white wires connect together.

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:)okay thx. orange with orange/white. No bose system so cap off blue/white wire.
I do have a XO Vision backup w/nightvision camera. SO The lavendar/white wire goes somewhere that indicates or gets power in reverse. I still have time for the back up camera because I'm not quite sure where I am going to mount it just yet. Thanks again for the info. Might go try this in a bit if not to cold outside.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can tag the reverse wire in the loom that runs up the drivers pillar, i think its green/silver but check it first.

OP
OP
C

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reverse wire conection. I found this on another gm site. Connect to blue wire in top right corner of BCM. I havn't checked but assume it should be the same for ours. The only thing is theres HU must have come with a long lavendar/white wire cuz mine isn't going to reach without me adding alot more wire.
I got to go buy the relay for the bypass anyway.

Attachments

• 2zyg6xh[1].jpg
    2zyg6xh[1].jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons