Wireless headphones with aftermarket stero

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtstat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im hoping someone here can help me out. I had installed a Kenwood DNX893S expensive stereo on a 2013 yukon denali. The features are great and better than the stock. I also have the maestro so i retained mostly everything (lost ability to have to channels on the wireless headphones). The problem i am having is with the wireless headphones. I have noticed that it works off and on. When its not working i have to turn the car off and than back on a few times to get it to work. I had it at the GMZ dealership a few times. The first time they said it was the IR transmitter-i replaced it and i did he same thing. The second time, they told me it was the control module, they replaced it and it still did the same thing. I also took it to the car stereo place that did the install and they checked the kenwood out and said the problem is somewhere in the wiring because everything was working up to the factory harness. Im looking for help as i just want my kinds to be able to listen to their movie and my wife and i dont have to hear it. any ideas what the problem is?

ShotgunD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out a fix to this? I just bought a new Pioneer DVD receiver, and can't figure out how to get the wireless headphones to work with the rear dvd screen and play separate music on the car speakers.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out a fix to this? I just bought a new Pioneer DVD receiver, and can't figure out how to get the wireless headphones to work with the rear dvd screen and play separate music on the car speakers.
if everything is hooked up right then it should be working you just have to select "mirror" on your source i.e. dvd or thumb drive or whatever your video source is, then you go back to radio and the video will continue playing in the back and the rear speakers will shut off and the video sound will be played thru the IR to the headphones and radio will be played thru the front speakers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN