Wire pulled out of neutral safety switch - how to put it back.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silky28

Reaction score
Hey all,

So the green wire from the neutral safety switch came out of its connector. The terminal is gone as is the rubber gasket that prevents water from getting into the connector. I've never played with wire connectors like this. Where would I get the terminal/which terminal do I need, and where do I get the gaskets?

thanks all!

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hey all,

So the green wire from the neutral safety switch came out of its connector. The terminal is gone as is the rubber gasket that prevents water from getting into the connector. I've never played with wire connectors like this. Where would I get the terminal/which terminal do I need, and where do I get the gaskets?

thanks all!
Post up a pic of it please.

OP
OP
S

silky28

Reaction score
Post up a pic of it please.

Can’t get actual pic of it right now...this is an aftermarket replacement. The pin that pulled out was on the row with 4-pins and was the first on the left when thr connector is orientated with 4 pins on top and 3 on bottom. It is one of the smaller terminals.

3B7E9BE2-E418-4091-AFFC-DD36184F305B.jpeg EC34A3B7-BA12-424B-8EA1-948CDBAA965A.jpeg

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You will need to find someone with a terminal kit and crimper unless you can get to a salvage yard to cut a harness off and pull a wire out of it. A pick of your failed plug would really help.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, it’s easier to just replace the connector. Just solder and heat shrink the wires. You said the rubber gasket is shot anyway so what choice do you have? I have 2 terminal crimpers and a ton of connectors but there’s so many different pins it’s crazy, and I have some $$ invested so I can build wire harnesses with weathertight connectors like factory. There’s several crimpers, one for each type of pin. Each one is $20-30. Those neutral safety switch connectors are glued together at the factory and plenty of people destroy them pulling them apart so you’re not alone. That’s why they make new connectors.

OP
OP
S

silky28

Reaction score
I wouldn’t buy a crimping tool. I would just solder the terminal on and jam it in the connector. Not worried if it’s perfect just so long as it works.

I didn’t destroy the clip in the way others do...I heated amit and removed it quite easily. It was just that as I removed it the green wire pulled out of the connector. Other than that the connector is fine.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I wouldn’t buy a crimping tool. I would just solder the terminal on and jam it in the connector. Not worried if it’s perfect just so long as it works.

I didn’t destroy the clip in the way others do...I heated amit and removed it quite easily. It was just that as I removed it the green wire pulled out of the connector. Other than that the connector is fine.
Sounds like you have it all figured out. Carry on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaka1