Wire is missing that plugs into radiator reservoir sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingBishop96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2D09B897-E6FE-4AEE-8D5B-BCABA7CC0DB0.jpegmy wife was driving our 06’ Yukon today. She said when she put the car in park all of the coolant started to coming out. I noticed the sensor that is circle was missing from overflow tank, so I know that needs to be replaced. My other problem is that the wire that is supposed to connect to that sensor is also missing. I’ve been searching for how to replace that wire but I’ve had no luck. Could someone point me in the right direction to fixing this problem. Also I would like to know if I could drive it home without the sensor plugged in once the new tank is installed.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

I cannot personally help you with your question regarding the missing wire; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

I believe that the sensor is there to tell you when your coolant level is low. As such, if your new reservoir is filled with coolant, you should be able to drive it home without the sensor wire connected.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 376676my wife was driving our 06’ Yukon today. She said when she put the car in park all of the coolant started to coming out. I noticed the sensor that is circle was missing from overflow tank, so I know that needs to be replaced. My other problem is that the wire that is supposed to connect to that sensor is also missing. I’ve been searching for how to replace that wire but I’ve had no luck. Could someone point me in the right direction to fixing this problem. Also I would like to know if I could drive it home without the sensor plugged in once the new tank is installed.
for whatever reason GM in there great wisdom deleted that sensor on some years, my wife's 05 does not have the sensor either.
my best guess is you have a leak and the coolant was low and therefore it overheated, take a flashlight and get under the truck and start looking around
there are several places to start looking
under the radiator, down the left & right sides of radiator, under the water pump (you may need a mirror), all heater and radiator hoses, particularly where the "t" is going to water pump and the "t"'s where the heater hose splits to the rear along the passenger side firewall. reservoir tank, and if nothing pans out the rear hvac connectors under the rear passenger side behind the right rear wheel. there is also a crossover pipe at the front top of the motor under the throttle body it has a small hose and then a metal pipe that goes under the throttle body to the front top of the heads. good luck and again use a flashlight while looking.

Bill K

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am going to agree with Wes. Wires dont just disappear. Yours probably has never had the sensor or the wire going to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts