Wipers and Windows and Radio, Oh No.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodse

Reaction score
Just a thought. Maybe theres a resistor in the body control module that is stuck? I had an issue that randomy my wipers, windows and radio would go out on me. Turned out it was a solder point in my body control module that had broken. A new BCM fixed the issue for me? Mine (99 OBS denali) was in my center console under the cupholder. I could give that location a wack when I had the issue and then sometimes it would give me use of my wipers for a few miles ;) Good Luck
This is where I am going, how do i locate the unit and resolder

bacon612

Reaction score
This is where I am going, how do i locate the unit and resolder
Open up your center console. The BCM is a black box about the size of an old double compact disc case. Once you get the black box out, open it up. It's a plastic clamshell design. Check the computer board out and look for a solder point on the board thats broken and resolder.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Cmoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well the new ignition switch came in, I installed it, and the same problem persists. Any more ideas? And if anyone needs an ignition switch, let me know, I have a spare. I got under the truck and noticed the copper body and block wires had rotted off this truck. Down here in the salt air this is common. I replaced them, but they weren't the problem either. Thanks in advance for any more ideas.

I know this is old but, Do you still have the spare Ignition Switch?

OP
OP
Krusty

Krusty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all for the responses. I let some friends borrow the Yukon for a road trip, told them to turn off the radio when they got out and drive it every day to keep it charged. On about day three of their trip the problem went away. They said They noticed the radio went off with the key and everything was working as it should. So I guess it healed up?? Ghost in the machine View attachment 83946
Thank you all for the responses. I let some friends borrow the Yukon for a road trip, told them to turn off the radio when they got out and drive it every day to keep it charged. On about day three of their trip the problem went away. They said They noticed the radio went off with the key and everything was working as it should. So I guess it healed up?? Ghost in the machine View attachment 83946
Hello Everybody, I have an update. I finally figured out what causes the issues this Yukon is having. Somehow the rear window lockout switch is the problem. When you engage the switch the the wipers, radio and windows stay live with the key out. When you click it back, they all turn off. I’m not sure why it’s doing that, but I like having that option of turning on accessories without the keys in the ignition, so I’m not going to try and fix it. Thank you all again for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018