Wiper Arm Chippin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97-2Doe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
how do you disassemble the wiper arms, so it would be easier to pain
*check pic

Attachments

• IMG00135.jpg
    IMG00135.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 33

Yuk_Nali_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got finished painting mine. I took the blade part off, but left the rest on the truck. Masked everything off good to avoid overspray. I used duplicolor but was disappointed in their clear coat...it fogged up.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
when you flip em up theres a tab that releases em and they just pull off. I've had mine off twice for random reasons.

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
Yea for the NBS, youd need a wiper arm puller since they wiper arms are sort of pressed on.

WH0DAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Tahoegoboom said. Paint them with SEM Trim black and they will look like new again.

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Hey Sepiroth, you mentioned you need a wiper arm puller for the NBS's. I did not know that, I've been asked to paint a pair of wiper arms from a NBS thats all chipped to hell, can't figure it out. OBS is no problem, did that to my 94, pretty easy to pull them off.

Sepiroth

I am here
Reaction score
Yea, I was going to attempt to paint mine. I removed the hold down bolt and tried like hell to pull it off. I called a GM tech friend of mine and he said they are like a pressed on fit, and I needed to get a wiper arm removal tool. Its a small puller that presses down on the hold down stud while its fingers pull the wiper arm off.

yukondoit

Stay Classy
Reaction score
Oh ok. Might have to look into that tool. My wiper arms are still looking good on my 02 Kon, but eventually down the road I'm going to have to fix them.

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't get a wiper arm removal tool. Just go to autozone or oreillys and get a battery post removal tool, they are only like $6 or so and work the same, its just a small 2 jaw puller

qlc1964

qlc1964
Reaction score
i took mine off today to paint them came off easy sense i had them off 2 yrs ago i put grease in them . i painted them the same color as the yukon plus the hood crowl

and mirrors. i plan on painting the inside door handle trim sense it's fading i will do pics

when it's done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972