Winter wheel / tire setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I looked up the Minnesota climate. Very similar to ours))) But I prefer studded tires. Powerful, toothy, because there is often a transition through 0 temperatures, and there is ice on the roads)
Studs are not allowed here, but would definitely help on those icy spots. Our transportation department does a fantastic job of clearing the roads...so aside from the corrosion induced by the salts used, the roads are actually pretty good most of the season.

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Studs are not allowed here, but would definitely help on those icy spots. Our transportation department does a fantastic job of clearing the roads...so aside from the corrosion induced by the salts used, the roads are actually pretty good most of the season.
Our roads are different))) Dirty, snowy and not very))

Attachments

• 2017-01-31 21-54-59.JPG
    2017-01-31 21-54-59.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 2017-01-13 14-19-22.JPG
    2017-01-13 14-19-22.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 2016-12-23 21-53-10.JPG
    2016-12-23 21-53-10.JPG
    242.9 KB · Views: 6

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need another set of TPMS sensors...it is basically swap and go, assuming you follow the TPMS Sensor Matching Process -- Auto Learn Function from the Owner's Manual. I have never actually done this, as my tire shop always handles for me when I swap them.

Good info. I forgot to mention, I have the stock 22” GM wheels and am planning on getting 20” wheels, so Vladimir in your other post it isn’t just putting new tires on an existing wheel, sorry for the missing info.

So any reliable tire place should be able to install the TPMS sensors? A quick search showed a 4-pack for $30, is that right? So once I get the 22’s pulled off they’ll also hand me a set of 4 sensors that will need to get recalibrated when the 22’s go back on in the spring?

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good info. I forgot to mention, I have the stock 22” GM wheels and am planning on getting 20” wheels, so Vladimir in your other post it isn’t just putting new tires on an existing wheel, sorry for the missing info.

So any reliable tire place should be able to install the TPMS sensors? A quick search showed a 4-pack for $30, is that right? So once I get the 22’s pulled off they’ll also hand me a set of 4 sensors that will need to get recalibrated when the 22’s go back on in the spring?
Then yes, you need a tire pressure monitor kit. The installation of tire pressure sensors itself is a very simple operation; it seems to me that any workshop can handle it. For Kolibroka, I advise you to purchase this device. it is inexpensive and available on Amazon, Ebay and other sites. In case the car gets confused in the sensors, he will help to calibrate them correctly.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just make sure you get the correct Sensors...these were "special" or "different" for the VIP architecture than what had been used in prior generations...guessig the aftermarket has figured it out by now, but I ended up just buying my sensors from the GM dealer, they were about $80-100 for the set, as I recall...and I had leftover GM rewards points I used to acquire them...ordered online at the GM accessories site and got 20% off on one of their promos.

I am pretty sure this is the Part

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14