Windshield damaged

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a rock hit the windshield on my Denali. I don’t have the windshield coverage so it’s $500 deductible or $435 going straight to Safelite. Does the camera need to be recalibrated? That’s an extra $300 to safelite.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
from the story's I have read about these windshields I would have the dealer do it, eat the deductible and be done with it, otherwise you MIGHT regret trying to save a few bucks, just my 02

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from the story's I have read about these windshields I would have the dealer do it, eat the deductible and be done with it, otherwise you MIGHT regret trying to save a few bucks, just my 02

What he said.... Source an OEM windshield and a dealer recommended installer if possible.

I got a rock chip in my Tahoe LTZ windshield and I called several auto glass replacement dealers including Safelite. Everyone said they'd replace the windshield no problem... Then they all gave me the "fine print disclaimer" that I could/should expect the Head's Up Display to appear distorted or blurry with the new glass. Apparently there is something done to the factory windshield for HUD visibility that aftermarket units aren't manufactured with.

I ended up just getting the rock chip resin filled. A few months later I used the damage as an excuse to trade the truck.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t have Safelite touch my vehicle. They’re a ripoff at best.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I have no HUD.

I have had a couple places replace windshields for me. It is amazing that no matter what my deductible is, they have always been about $25 more than my deductible. When I had $500 deductible on my ‘05 Honda Odyssey the price was $520. When I had a window replaced on my ‘07 Silverado with a $250 deductible, the cost was $280. It’s quite the racket if you ask me.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had a couple places replace windshields for me. It is amazing that no matter what my deductible is, they have always been about $25 more than my deductible. When I had $500 deductible on my ‘05 Honda Odyssey the price was $520. When I had a window replaced on my ‘07 Silverado with a $250 deductible, the cost was $280. It’s quite the racket if you ask me.
the place I go to here is usually $150 for nbs's and I believe he quoted me $165 for the 2012 with the blue tint strip on the top, I have a couple sizeable rock chips in mine and crack on the top I just haven't gone down to have it done yet. He is the best price in town though other places would charge more

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the place I go to here is usually $150 for nbs's and I believe he quoted me $165 for the 2012 with the blue tint strip on the top, I have a couple sizeable rock chips in mine and crack on the top I just haven't gone down to have it done yet. He is the best price in town though other places would charge more
I just had my 08 done for $150 at my home. Safelite wanted $250 at their shop.

Cb2004mj

Reaction score
glass is actually pretty cheap. search around your area and call for quote, the HUD units add a different mix to things but if you don't have one then its easy peasy. i second the notion of avoiding safelite. they are a big name that will get it done but not for a lack of cast and without care for your vehicle or quality. a smaller local shop will make sure your happy with less cost

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons