Window Switch Weirdness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can you program the new switch with the Tech2?

Apparently, yes, if it's not a later model year. But you'd need TDS or TIS2WEB to get the newer programming.

I used TIS2000 to program a new/used ECM for my buddy's 2001 Suburban.

I just hooked up the Tech2 to the laptop and downloaded the programming and then disconnected the Tech2 from the laptop and hooked it up to his Burb and programmed it.

For anything older than 2007 you shouldn't need anything other than TIS2000.

The TDS is for 2008+ software from my understanding.

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Apparently, yes, if it's not a later model year. But you'd need TIS2000 to get the newer programming.

I should note that the other day while looking at the SPS the only vehicle listed for 2007 was a Saturn. So TIS2000 probably won't program anything in the GMT900 platform. I assume the GMT900s would require TDS or TIS2WEB.

Just thought I would mention this since I noticed it.

OP
OP
H

hogman23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you replaced the entire cluster, it needs to be programmed. Use only GM OE switches, not Dorman or whatever. There's a guy on ebay selling the factory switches from the same factory in Mexico that makes them for GM and they of course work just fine.

So who do you know with a Tech-2? Are you the original owner?

You don’t happen to have a link to that guys eBay page do you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14