Window rollers painfully slow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenverDadofTwins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is that just the way of things with 2nd gens? Windows take a lot longer to roll down than the 2013 Silverado I had before

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the '70s through the 2000s, my GM cars all had slow window motors. They were especially slow and seemed to bind up in our new to use '04, so we changed them out only to discover that the new ones worked exactly the same! But they run completely different in the 2009! FAST!

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best you can do is clean the old grease from the regulator assembly (slides, drive pulley box, etc.) and apply fresh grease. After what I experienced a few months back, I think this should be performed on all windows, maybe every 3-5 years.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the jerkwad smashed my window in, back in September, he managed to damage my regulator as well so I had to replace the regulator. It seems to go and down a little faster after the regulator replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts