Wind Noise = Driving me insane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics. I would like to see how you did that?

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
both my front doors have wind noise drives me crazy. Also the back of the truck when driving in rain or bad weather is loud as shit. I can live with that but gotta fix front doors.
Billy

middelgriff1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can try and run some tubing through the weather stripping to make it seal tighter. I did it on my trailblazer and it worked great!

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Betting those of you who have excessive wind noise at the top of the door had someone break in either theif or PO, when they pry the top of the door to get a hanger or something in to unlock it...

flynn78us

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That’s what happened to mine locksmith used the air bladder to spit the door hit unlock now wind noise

TheRedditt2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It could be the seal, which you can get from anyplace that sells parts for your truck. Or it could be that the hinges have sagged, you can fix that by bending them up, or just slamming your door really hard, or even picking up your door as you close it. I personally don’t advise bending them, it’s weakens the temper of the steel.

TheRedditt2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently learned that you can just replace the door pins in most cases, if the door is sagging.

TheRedditt2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently learned that you can just replace the door pins in most cases, if the door is sagging.

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver's side door doesn't close as well as it used to, and there's a good bit of wind noise. I had the door open doing something and I was running from my wife* and ran into it. I think this slightly bent the hinge, because it hasn't closed very easily ever since. It's not BAD, I just have to slam it a little bit harder. But ever since, there's been more wind noise. I don't know that the 2x4 trick will work since it's obviously the hinge...

*She was chasing me to smack me - part of a game we play where whoever is leaving tries to get the last "smack" on the other one and run out the door - sort of like, "Tag, you're it!" I know some of you guys prolly thought I was being chased with a frying pan or something...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryndan99

Latest posts