Winch mounts on a 2021 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd Nine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm considering trading my 2016 Tundra Crewmax in on a 2021 Yukon. My tundra has a 2" lift, 35's, steel bumpers, and a winch. Now that we have 2 kiddos, it's not as practical as a Yukon with a 3rd row.

In a perfect world, I'd get an AT4 package with a diesel. Since that doesn't exist, I need to decide on an AT4 with the 5.3 vs a Diesel Denali with Electronic LSD. I'm on road 95% of the time, the only off-roading I do anymore is rough forest roads to hikes here in CO, so that's all the capability I need.

We don't do anything as gnarly with the kids as we did pre-kiddos, and my Tundra is overkill without the passenger capacity we need. Ideally, I would like the ability to mount a winch, even a hidden winch mount would do. I just want the option to have self-recovery, and recovering a heavy vehicle with a come-along is miserable (and dangerous)! Has anyone mounted a Warn to any 2021 model?

Thanks in advance!
Todd

VAguy68

Reaction score
Seems like there just isn't a lot of accessories yet for this model. I'd like to see custom bumpers or push bars. I'd imagine you'd need a different front bumper for a winch right?

OP
OP
T

Todd Nine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tried to edit but it wouldn't let me. See re-post below

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Todd Nine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd imagine you'd need a different front bumper for a winch right?

That's a good question. Since I've moved to CO, I had a 2014 4Runner, then my Tundra. In my 4Runner, I had a hidden winch mount. This worked well, and I only needed it a couple of times. I'm curious if there's enough room between the radiator and grill to do something similar with the Yukon? I know the guys at RSG pretty well, so they could probably fabricate something for me.

https://www.ragofabrication.com/products/2014-2020-5th-gen-toyota-4runner-hidden-winch-mount

In terms of powering the winch, I've found a high capacity AGM battery in the same form factor as a factory battery has worked well for me so far on my other vehicles.

VAguy68

Reaction score
That's a good question. Since I've moved to CO, I had a 2014 4Runner, then my Tundra. In my 4Runner, I had a hidden winch mount. This worked well, and I only needed it a couple of times. I'm curious if there's enough room between the radiator and grill to do something similar with the Yukon? I know the guys at RSG pretty well, so they could probably fabricate something for me.

https://www.ragofabrication.com/products/2014-2020-5th-gen-toyota-4runner-hidden-winch-mount

In terms of powering the winch, I've found a high capacity AGM battery in the same form factor as a factory battery has worked well for me so far on my other vehicles.

That's pretty cool. I didn't know those existed.

garymyman

Reaction score
-GMC-Sierra-1500-winch-front-bumper-with-sensors-1.jpg

This is on a Sierra, but it shares the basic shape to the Yukon SLT front bumper. They also say on their instagram that on the Sierra with the diesel the winch doesn't fit. This follows GMC's position on not offering the diesel on the AT4 because the engine won't fit with the high approach bumper. Surely a true hidden solution will arrive soon for the AT4. https://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/gmc-sierra-1500-winch-front-bumper-F471423030103

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2021 Yukon Denali and I want a front 2" receiver so I can use a winch mounted on a shank and also with a hitch to push my camp trailer into parking position.

I see you can't buy one so it'll have to be custom. I know a guy that can weld and fabricate but if I could find something close it would make it easier.

Does anyone know of a 2020 (or earlier) receiver kit that would be close? I see styles that are 1 piece like this
1699664613364.png

but I've also seen styles that have frame mounting brackets and then the receiver body attaches to these.

Last edited:

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2021 Yukon Denali and I want a front 2" receiver so I can use a winch mounted on a shank and also with a hitch to push my camp trailer into parking position.

I see you can't buy one so it'll have to be custom. I know a guy that can weld and fabricate but if I could find something close it would make it easier.

Does anyone know of a 2020 (or earlier) receiver kit that would be close? I see styles that are 1 piece like this
View attachment 413883

but I've also seen styles that have frame mounting brackets and then the receiver body attaches to these.
I would talk to the guy you know who would do the fabrication. He will likely make the decision if it is easier for him to use one of those premade ones (that will still require fabrication) or if he should just start from scratch all together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT