Wilwood big brake kit 2015 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
which calipers are you guys running the tc6r or the tx6r ?
I’m running the tx6r on both my trucks. For one, I don’t like drilled rotors plus the calipers have 6.52 sq.in total piston area as opposed to 5.4 on the tc6r.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m running the tx6r on both my trucks. For one, I don’t like drilled rotors plus the calipers have 6.52 sq.in total piston area as opposed to 5.4 on the tc6r.

sounds good...i was trying to find the actual difference between the two. doesnt explain much on wilwood site. one provides "unsurpassed braking" the other "ultimate braking"

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds good...i was trying to find the actual difference between the two. doesnt explain much on wilwood site. one provides "unsurpassed braking" the other "ultimate braking"
It does show specs there, bore diameters and brake pad size. It seems strange to me that the tx6r has considerably more piston size but slightly smaller pad surface area, 12.69 sq in as opposed to 13 for the tc6r.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu