Will jeep rear lift springs fit a 99-06 tahoe/yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Avery read

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I need to lift the rear of my Yukon but can’t find any lift coils anywhere other than cool spacers. Would jeep rear springs fit?

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on their diameter if they match the spring and spring isolator. Another factor to take into consideration is shock travel. Make sure your shocks are designed for the lift you have. I wonder if the springs for 3/4 ton are longer? I think they made a 3/4 ton Yukon no?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to lift the rear of my Yukon but can’t find any lift coils anywhere other than cool spacers. Would jeep rear springs fit?

Your first post and it's to ask about putting Jeep coils in a fullsize GM SUV... :insane::laughing1::roflsquared::rotflmao::rofl::yaoface2:

Seriously, though, you're my kind of idiot :beer: and I promise you, that's not an insult coming from me. I'm somewhat qualified on this subject.

How much are you looking to lift it? Obviously, due to the weight, they won't lift as much as on a Jeep. Also, due to the weight, they'd probably ride pretty good and be flexy, which would be good if you regularly traverse uneven terrain and objects. Be sure you get appropriate shocks in length and valving and you might need a stiffer sway bar. Or, if they have them long enough, load helper bags.

All considered, it'd be a safer bet (or just safer, in general!) and maybe cheaper to get lift springs for your rig. Or, if only a couple inches, get spacers.

Now, if you have access to some Jeep lift springs and wanna try 'em, please do and report your findings!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depends on their diameter if they match the spring and spring isolator. Another factor to take into consideration is shock travel. Make sure your shocks are designed for the lift you have. I wonder if the springs for 3/4 ton are longer? I think they made a 3/4 ton Yukon no?
Hmmm.... i would think a jeep set would be a bit weak for a heavy chevy.
But i like the way you think. I jammed a set of stock 4x4 f150 coils in a Cherokee once to get about 4 inches of lift. It "worked" but you could feel every crack in the road lol.

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People use jeep springs to lower tahoes never seen them used to lift. But skyjacker has lift springs that fit 2000-2018 tahoes and yukons etc. C25r lift 2.5 inches, c50r lift 5 inches

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People use jeep springs to lower tahoes...

WellI'llbedamned. I never knew it was a thing. I thought I stumbled upon something from a fortunate upcycling result. Glad to know I'm not the only idiot in the village.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288