Will air suspension stay lowered during reverse?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phdhusky

Reaction score
About to pick up a new 2021 Yukon XL AT4 with the adaptive air suspension. Other than potentially a better ride, the air suspension will allow me to get into my garage as the 2021s are about 2 inches taller than the previous Gen 2016 Yukon XL Denali we had that fit no problem.

Question, if I lower the air suspension to entry/exit mode I know it will stay there if no doors are open up to 16 MPH (according to the manual). If I get out after parking I assume it will raise back up? If I lower it back down and go to back the truck up, will the air suspension stay lowered during reverse? Trying to avoid getting my truck stuck in the garage from day 1.

Thanks everyone!

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Denali with the air suspension stays lowered (at least driving forward) up to 15 MPH and if I shut it off before going over 15 MPH it stays lowered. Not sure about reverse but guessing that it would be the same. If you somehow triggered normal ride height, would it crush your roof while parked in your garage? That would cause me a lifetime of angst over making sure it was low/stayed low even if designed to…

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much to clear the garage? You may want to think about using suspension links to lower the suspension and keep it there. However, you have an AT4 so this kind of defeats the purpose.

OP
OP
P

Phdhusky

Reaction score
How much to clear the garage? You may want to think about using suspension links to lower the suspension and keep it there. However, you have an AT4 so this kind of defeats the purpose.
I have maybe an inch. The last gen height of ~74.4 worked well. I'll probably just do a dry run outside the garage first.

OP
OP
P

Phdhusky

Reaction score
My Denali with the air suspension stays lowered (at least driving forward) up to 15 MPH and if I shut it off before going over 15 MPH it stays lowered. Not sure about reverse but guessing that it would be the same. If you somehow triggered normal ride height, would it crush your roof while parked in your garage? That would cause me a lifetime of angst over making sure it was low/stayed low even if designed to…
When in the garage it will not be crushed, however would get stuck getting in and out.

OP
OP
P

Phdhusky

Reaction score
Just thinking outside the box here.
Is it the frame of the door or the door itself? The door may be able to be adjusted.
This is just a temporary issue for about 3 months. Trying to avoid parking it outside if I don’t need to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011