Wife got in an accident with a drunk driver, the Tahoe is totaled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 146k on the old one, down to 75k on the new one. Only issue I have with it so far is that the previous owner removed those bump out door guards. I love the look of Tahoes without them, but they managed to scuff up the paint everywhere the door guards were. I managed to get most of the passenger side buffed out with Nu Finish scratch doctor but the driver side has been tougher.

Clay bar the paint then hit it with a good paint correcting agent. I like Meguiars Ultimate Compound because it's inexpensive, broadly available and very simple to use. Best results with a DA polisher, but you can use it by hand with ample elbow grease.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 146k on the old one, down to 75k on the new one. Only issue I have with it so far is that the previous owner removed those bump out door guards. I love the look of Tahoes without them, but they managed to scuff up the paint everywhere the door guards were. I managed to get most of the passenger side buffed out with Nu Finish scratch doctor but the driver side has been tougher.

75k Not too bad... good for you man.... and again i'm glad that everything worked out for the better..

cycho

Reaction score
Glad the wife is ok. I t-***** a guy at 50 mph while driving my daughters suburban. I had both feet planted ******* the break pedal so all of the impact went thru my feet, legs and into my lower back. In the end it could have been much worse if I was on my bike which I left at home that day because I couldn't get the kick stand up. Since then I have always said the the best vehicle to t-bone some one in would be a suburban. I guess a Tahoe/Yukon is a good choice as well!

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad the wife is ok. I t-***** a guy at 50 mph while driving my daughters suburban. I had both feet planted ******* the break pedal so all of the impact went thru my feet, legs and into my lower back. In the end it could have been much worse if I was on my bike which I left at home that day because I couldn't get the kick stand up. Since then I have always said the the best vehicle to t-bone some one in would be a suburban. I guess a Tahoe/Yukon is a good choice as well!

I didn’t even think about the effect planting your foot on the brake would have, that’s a good point

OP
OP
mattjones

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad she's OK

The Tahoe didn't even crack the windshield. Looks like it held up really well!!!

That jeep though.. Is that blood on the windshield?

Lol no, just a reflection of the ambulance lights. Here’s another angle:

owkUbve.jpg

The Jeep had a smashed up windshield and the passenger side window was completely gone.

Also, I just realized I said earlier the Tahoe spun the Jeep a full 360°—it was actually more like 270° but whatever.

On a side note—when I picked up my rental car I randomly ended up in a white 2019 Wrangler. Realized the irony when I was halfway home and thought my wife might have a minor panic attack when she saw me pull in the driveway.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dumb ass was tailgating me

Almost had him crash into me
full on Hard brake because of traffic ..
I had enough time to manually turn on my hazard lights for the impending rearend crash.. very close with in inches... just so they can save a few pennies..

never worth it tailgating unless it's a 18 wheeler that is where the big savings is at anyways...

The Hybird Tahoe has a reinforced frame at rear end (and front)for extra protection... because it has a aluminum lift gate. & hood. and to protect the battery module as well..

Yesterday I was going to buy a Hitch.just to have for "extra protection"
DAMN i should have bought it and crushed his old Nissan Altima with it...

Honestly I was trying to slow down at a genuine reasonable speed..(BECAUSE i can see the traffic slowing down ahead ) but he was pretty close.. I just left it at regeneration .. to force him to slow down then had to do the hard braking.

Last edited:

drummin1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow! Glad she's OK! That brings back memories of my own roll-over in an '02 Yukon....I was OK and I believe the Yuke saved my life as the cabin resisted caving in. Roof came within an inch of my head, but held firm!