Wife’s 2018 MB cla 250 intermittent starting issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the battery to be tested today. They said it’s a good battery just currently charged at 50 percent... I checked her running voltage this morning before pulling the battery. It was 14.8v

Only thing that comes to mind is the wife has been working from home since Covid hit and drives her car once a week to the grocery store. Maybe twice. Starting to think that this is exactly why people buy battery tenders

I nearly hit the roof when my mother told me she bought 5 batteries in the previous year. Well, she had it charged, 5 times, she didn't buy batteries. She'd drive a block to the store, then a block home. Her neighbor started driving her around town in return she could borrow the car. It worked out well for both of them and the longer drives stopped the constant trips to the mechanic.

An MB looks intimidating but it isn't that hard to work on. I bought a 380SL years ago. I went to tune it up and it looked really hard. From the time I opened the hood to finishing new plugs, wires, cap and rotor was a little over 30 minutes. It's actually designed for field servicing.

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I nearly hit the roof when my mother told me she bought 5 batteries in the previous year. Well, she had it charged, 5 times, she didn't buy batteries. She'd drive a block to the store, then a block home. Her neighbor started driving her around town in return she could borrow the car. It worked out well for both of them and the longer drives stopped the constant trips to the mechanic.

An MB looks intimidating but it isn't that hard to work on. I bought a 380SL years ago. I went to tune it up and it looked really hard. From the time I opened the hood to finishing new plugs, wires, cap and rotor was a little over 30 minutes. It's actually designed for field servicing.
You know what intimidates me about German cars. Is this one Audi I used to own. Just looked so out of my league. This Benz looks like a Honda Civic motor lol

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know what intimidates me about German cars. Is this one Audi I used to own. Just looked so out of my league. This Benz looks like a Honda Civic motor lol

I had an Audi 100GL back in the 70's. Audi has improved their quality as they are still in business. That was probably the most miserable piece of equipment I've ever worked on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec