Why do people keep offering to buy this 95 base model Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! It only listed and sold for $25k new. The sticker on my 2005 Z71 4 door was over $53k. They were discounting like crazy back then when oil prices surged and big vehicle demand plummeted. Mine was $15k off MSRP. There is also apparently a lot of demand today for 2005 & 2006 Tahoes.

Jim b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 2 door Tahoe has the appeal of a Bronco. Short wheelbase 2dr. Capabile light duty tow vehicle that is super maneuverable, easy to park etc. I really enjoy mine.

JimmyNutz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes it is a 4X4 and it's at 80,000 miles. Maybe they are looking through the window to see that. Yeah we are not looking to sell at all. The front hitch came with the tow package her Grandpa got. The only upgrade as he was going to use it to tow his fishing boat. The last guy was up to a $10,000 cash offer and my wife looked like she was interested. I told the guy the only thing we could take from him that day was his phone number. When we were alone I explained to my wife that the last place we want to be is the current car market because we would just be looking for a replacement as she drives the Tahoe daily even though we have two other cars. Plus you never trust the person making the offer to be honest about market value. Thanks for the replies!!
I would absolutely keep it. The fact that it is a 2 door makes it more attractive.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2 door Tahoe has the appeal of a Bronco. Short wheelbase 2dr. Capabile light duty tow vehicle that is super maneuverable, easy to park etc. I really enjoy mine.
I really wished my 97 GT had the removable roof like the old Bronco. I had an old '80 K5 Blazer, and damn that roof was so heavy, usually just left it on.

shekmark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! It only listed and sold for $25k new. The sticker on my 2005 Z71 4 door was over $53k. They were discounting like crazy back then when oil prices surged and big vehicle demand plummeted. Mine was $15k off MSRP. There is also apparently a lot of demand today for 2005 & 2006 Tahoes.
Funny, I was thinking how expensive that was for 1995! Cool truck OP.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny, I was thinking how expensive that was for 1995! Cool truck OP.
My Yukon GT MSRP in 1997 was $35k CAD, so approx. $27k USD. But our Provincial government deemed it needed a 15% "Luxury" tax because it wasn't a 1 ton work truck, it was a Luxury SUV....Oh well gas was cheap back then! Lol

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about the window sticker? I am uncomfortable sharing the VIN (below the red line at the bottom) so I cropped it out. The only other info that was cropped out with the VIN is that the final assembly was in Janesville Wisconsin.
That plant was about 30 minutes from me. My 2008 I bought from CA was made there too. They closed late 2008 and now the place doesn't even exist.....only asphalt, gravel, and some electrical sub station

Summajet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you need the money I would keep it. With keeping the maintenance up, your truck will outlast the new junk they are manufacturing.

wtbtahoe

Reaction score
Excellent description of the two doors, I think of it as a modern Nomad. Have had three of them over the years, and have been using one as my DD for the last ten years. Got only 33k on it.