Why are the regional forums so dead?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone here from Central PA?

Has anyone ever orchestrated a meetup? Would there be any interest?

Edit: spelling

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good question, didn't even know there was a regional forum till you mentioned it but after looking at it seems to me it's a little to broken up, but at the same time california should be split nor cal/so cal it's just to long of a state. it might also help if it was moved to the main forum link rather than a little "sideline" 99% of the time I just hit up "today's post" so if there is no activity in a region it's not going to show up anyway. California is 800 miles long needs to be split north/south, in California we generally already do this when people ask where you are from.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doesn't really explain why the "tahoe forum" is dead though, this site stomps all over that one. I guess personally I don't forum hop I have this one linked and logged in and I kinda like the people around here so :p

OP
OP
Thouse

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as mid-cal?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im in the poconos area but in usually pretty busy with work and the home stuff. if something was going on when i actually had free time id be interested. most small meets die out when they dont get enough exposure and larger meets get shut down because people want to show off.

OP
OP
Thouse

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for someone localish that I could build some mechanical skill with. I was never taught by my father growing up and am not very handy.

I sometimes can get things done with the help of YouTube but honestly am very daunted by the complexity of some things.

Willing to travel / compensate accordingly. Don't want to just pay a shop to do it because I want to learn.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:p come on over lol i have universals to do a water pump and hoses and power steering pump and hoses on my tahoe. then i have an 05 f150 with the junk 5.4 that needs the whole front of the engine removed for a timing job.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seriously tho what part of central pa are you talking. most of my side jobs i take usually involve the vehicle owner in the process for your same situation. i used to have 4 or 5 people bringing me side work ive only got 2 as the other ones do thier own small jobs now.

OP
OP
Thouse

Thouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bloomsburg area. Would totally bring my tahoe and parts to you for a day of hoe improvements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts