Who wants to install parts that arrived in a box that looks like this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Kick ass truck in your avatar.
I used to own the 2wd/RWD version of that body style. It was a 65 Chevy short bed, had the wood floor in the bed, and I had the full size rear glass instead of the small rear glass. I put a 350 in that thing with a Muncie Rock Crusher 4 speed transmission. Had the Starburst Blue paint job and had the white spoke wheels on it. Loved that truck. It ran like a Striped Ass Ape!

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, a formal Vendor here and no replies to this posting. But yet just made a new post yesterday...hrmmm. If you are going to be a Vendor...be a proper Vendor.
Yes, that is the problem when you deal or purchase parts from Rockauto no customer service which makes price really not as great as it seems. They don't seem to care must be doing ok though

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is the problem when you deal or purchase parts from Rockauto no customer service which makes price really not as great as it seems. They don't seem to care must be doing ok though
true no real customer support, but... everything is fast tracked otherwise, a few simple clicks and returns or replacements are done, there are options to add notes in the process.
that is part of how they keep there prices low, they are usually in the top 3 contenders when price comparing online, to run neck and neck with Amazon and Ebay is almost unheard of.
##unrelated to RA but part of finding the best price for just about anything online is "keyword search"

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That might be true if you have no problem but if their website is wrong and you purchase wrong part the only option is to send back on your buck and that is the option web site gives you to send back, best price I don't know about that. If you order several items and they come from different warehouses you pay shipping from each warehouse since they don't stock same items in each warehouse and the only way you are going to get fast is if you pay for faster shipping. That's what I have experienced and most time I can do better just purchasing from GM dealer or local mom and pop stores. If there is problemm I will be able to get straightened out without spending extra money for shipping and headache. This is my view and works in my situation. I have used RA few times have had no problem and at times have had a lot, sometimes it is the way they ship item not packed well at all I guess that also saves them money. Never felt they really cared if customers are taken care or properly. Which is fine but it won't be me involved.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That might be true if you have no problem but if their website is wrong and you purchase wrong part the only option is to send back on your buck and that is the option web site gives you to send back, best price I don't know about that. If you order several items and they come from different warehouses you pay shipping from each warehouse since they don't stock same items in each warehouse and the only way you are going to get fast is if you pay for faster shipping. That's what I have experienced and most time I can do better just purchasing from GM dealer or local mom and pop stores. If there is problemm I will be able to get straightened out without spending extra money for shipping and headache. This is my view and works in my situation. I have used RA few times have had no problem and at times have had a lot, sometimes it is the way they ship item not packed well at all I guess that also saves them money. Never felt they really cared if customers are taken care or properly. Which is fine but it won't be me involved.
I have purchased from them numerous times as well, I did get a big mistake from them once not my fault at all and they took care of it 100%, that is all in how you handle the return. I have also handled warranty with them as well, there are "catch22's" with them you do have to pay attention to how you do a return if you do it wrong then you can get denied.
from experience I can tell you one of them is if you try to do return and enter the information incorrectly then your basically screwed

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed on purchasing from them and they made a mistake and made it right. I bought a AC condenser from them and the unit was warped. Not their fault but they fixed the issue. They also shipped me a case of the wrong oil filters once, made that right as well. I can always get a better price at RockAuto if I don't need it right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17