Who makes good bull bars?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Or brush guards or whatever they're called. Want something to protect the front end, including headlights from deer hits.

Problem is I don't know who makes them worth a damn. I don't want to spend cash on it unnecessarily, but at the same, I want something functional that will perform as intended - dmack a deer going 70 and not total the car

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bull bar is that tubular, old-school can-opener, triangle thing. Brush guard is the one that usually has something like a cops push bar in the front, and bars that wrap around the grill and headlights.
Highways speeds hititng a deer with one of those, you won't total it, but they will still bend in and do damage, (partial front end type damage).

That seems like something (at least around here), you should be able to find pretty easy on craigslist either for sale, or being parted out.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or brush guards or whatever they're called. Want something to protect the front end, including headlights from deer hits.

Problem is I don't know who makes them worth a damn. I don't want to spend cash on it unnecessarily, but at the same, I want something functional that will perform as intended - dmack a deer going 70 and not total the car

What brands do the LEOs use? We got plenty of fellas on here with ex-patrol cars equipped with them still.

OP
OP
SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bull bar is that tubular, old-school can-opener, triangle thing. Brush guard is the one that usually has something like a cops push bar in the front, and bars that wrap around the grill and headlights.
Highways speeds hititng a deer with one of those, you won't total it, but they will still bend in and do damage, (partial front end type damage).

That seems like something (at least around here), you should be able to find pretty easy on craigslist either for sale, or being parted out.
Yeah I'm aware that I won't get off scot free. But my goal is to have something where I both won't total my rig, which is a real possibility without one, and also protect ratiator / trans cooler / power steering so that I can continue on my way. I do a lot of driving in nowheresville desert stuff, and just the tow bill for that would be in the 600 dollar range. Plus either lodging or return trips to pick the car up.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about one of those giant, heavy, thisck steel bumpers? I think your ***** will shrink two inches when you put it on; that must be how they work, but deer and daewoos are going to splatter off it.

OP
OP
SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about one of those giant, heavy, thisck steel bumpers? I think your ***** will shrink two inches when you put it on; that must be how they work, but deer and daewoos are going to splatter off it.
Lmao I'm pretty sure that would make it an inny.

Those would work well but not really what I'm after. Don't want to add thwt much weight to the front end if I can help it. And I reckon it would look pretty out of place on an otherwise street vehicle

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dug up this company called ranch hand. Anyone have any thoughts on them?
Ive never had one, but I know that's a popular brand. I don't think you could go wrong with them. It should at least be one, you should get plenty of reviews on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros