Who has supercharged a 6.2 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In that very same thread, another guy disagrees LOL. I wouldn't even worry about it unless it was an obvious issue that clearly showed up on the scanner.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In that very same thread, another guy disagrees LOL. I wouldn't even worry about it unless it was an obvious issue that clearly showed up on the scanner.

I will just grab my laptop and log through HPTuners and decide from there

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I will just grab my laptop and log through HPTuners and decide from there

I know that with my stock air box, opened up into the fender/wheel well area, if I am cruising for an extended period of time that my IAT reads about 2°-3° above ambient air temperature according to the mirror.

Sitting/driving in stop and go traffic the IAT is dramatically higher and it isn't open to hot underhood air so I can imagine if it were pulling air directly off/above the manifolds/headers it would be even worse.

Is it going to create an "issue", I doubt it, but you are essentially preheating the air before compressing it and forcing the intercooler to do more work and not be as efficient as it could be.

My 2 bits.

Reaction score
I don't have an intercooler on my Vortech supercharged mustang, I just inject methanol into it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've have my Snow methanol injection kit sitting here since before Christmas to install.
It's just too f'in cold to do it now... Even in my detached garage... but once it's on,
then just need to re-do the tune
I've got the stage 1 kit on my 1994 Stepside with a Vortech Supercharger and
no intercooling.. but that's a different animal altogether

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Luckily it's only for horsepower though. I just like tinkering with shit TBH, it's still gonna be comparatively slow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts