Who has supercharged a 6.2 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm will be selling my LSA blower to fund the engine build and when the time comes I will go with a Procharger as well.

1) less heat soak
2) super quick install
3) weight savings over a Maggie/LSA/Whipple
4) self contained oil
5) no coolant system needed (expansion tank, pump or heat exchanger
6) Procharger offers you the ability to upgrade to a larger head unit......no one else does.

I noticed the procharger air filter is right next to the header pulling in very hot air. Wont this kill light throttle performance when out of boost or does it always get cooled by the intercooler anyway?

Tonny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed the procharger air filter is right next to the header pulling in very hot air. Wont this kill light throttle performance when out of boost or does it always get cooled by the intercooler anyway?
I always wonder that too, some have a open airfilter next to the headers indeed and others use a enclosed box. But after the filter it will go trough the SC and then via the intercooler the air gets cooled and more compressed. But I can imagine that, if you bringer colder air into the SC, the cooler it will be at the engine after passing the intercooler.

Wondering what others opinions are!:)

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes, the only design element I do not like. I know several of my buddies have just had custom inlet tubes made to pull air from another location.

I will fab a custom tube to pull the air from where the secondary battery would be located. Also I will either wrap or have the tube coated limit the heat soak, but remember that's pre-intercooler too

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will be just like building an exhaust on a bagged and body dropped truck......

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
It will be just like building an exhaust on a bagged and body dropped truck......

Cut a hole in the firewall into the cowl area under the wipers... good cool/ambient air, would just have to figure out a filter.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine it matters, or I'd think they wouldn't have designed it that way.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This guys agrees with me

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/power-adders/650752-procharger-cold-air-question.html

"I can read the air temp from my cartridge maf and i can tell you, there is little or no difference in the air temp entering the engine if you get the air from above the header or from a cold source. I tested it by hooking up some 3" brake hose duct, same conditions with the intercooler pump running and not. Results were very similar, so similar that I attribute the difference as not significant enough to validate any gains from a cold air setup."

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guys agrees with me

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/power-adders/650752-procharger-cold-air-question.html

"I can read the air temp from my cartridge maf and i can tell you, there is little or no difference in the air temp entering the engine if you get the air from above the header or from a cold source. I tested it by hooking up some 3" brake hose duct, same conditions with the intercooler pump running and not. Results were very similar, so similar that I attribute the difference as not significant enough to validate any gains from a cold air setup."

Sweet, I can shift my efforts else where

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne