Who has supercharged a 6.2 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can pull your tuning file go ahead and send it to me.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can pull your tuning file go ahead and send it to me.

OK.. thank you. Yes, the edelbrock has the bypass valve- it's the magnuson style.
As soon as i figure out how to operate this "new to me" hp tuners.. i'll send you
the file. Thanks

Bakkulaw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Magnusons also have a bypass valve. Can anyone chime in on how their MPG is with their maggies?

I get around 15-18mpg around the city (not getting in it too much)
and best was 22 mpg in the hwy.

TVS1900 with upgraded air to air intercooler
DOD/AFM deleted using hypertech hand held tuner
AR Long tube headers with high fflow cats to a Corsa sport exhaust
CAI

OP
OP
avalonandl

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well talked to a installer in Commerce Mich and its about 1700$ for install for a Magnusson SC kit. I should not be surprised. Adding 150 hp and torque is not cheap.

OP
OP
avalonandl

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnusson includes a tune that should work since my vehicle is stock.

I could just put a Hypertech or Diablo tune on it for about $400 and be done with it.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to experienced shop. He mentioned they lose no mpg when tuned right and the bypass works really well.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one on my expedition and have installed a few on other cars so i am familiar with them. Procharger will give more power at mid and upper RPMs so since after first gear I am above 3000rpms the whole run anyways. My trucks seems to have a lot of torque anyways so with the Procharger, I am hopping not to grenade the trans, transfer-case, or rear end. So i guess my thinking is making a few less torque numbers will help with not breaking things.... Maybe. Im sure i will still find things to break. This buy was also last second. I almost bought a turbo.

I'm will be selling my LSA blower to fund the engine build and when the time comes I will go with a Procharger as well.

1) less heat soak
2) super quick install
3) weight savings over a Maggie/LSA/Whipple
4) self contained oil
5) no coolant system needed (expansion tank, pump or heat exchanger
6) Procharger offers you the ability to upgrade to a larger head unit......no one else does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442