Who’s dealt with Asia Motors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im looking to buy myself a caprice now and they’re much harder to come by than tahoes. Asia motors has a few I’m interested in but I’ve only dealt with Chicago motors (they just don’t have what I want in stock).

I’d love to hear good/bad/whatever and if you did strike a deal how flexible they are.

Thanks

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my tahoe from them back in july. I got em down maybe 500 bucks and they offered to ship the truck for free.

They fixed a few things on it, everything was smooth.

Wish i had the money to pay cash, i woulda prolly got em down about 2-3 off what they were asking

BourbonNcigars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thread topic ended up being something totally different than what I was expecting.

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up buying at Chicago motors anyways. Short lived thread but I’ll remember it for the next purchase.

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chicago Motors, Asia Motors, and Motorsource all bring in lots of old police vehicles. I was looking at a 3/4 ton from there. Almost bought plane tickets but then the one I ended up buying popped up in San Antonio. Called them and they seemed legit. They're choosy about the vehicles they bring in.

What did you end up getting? Photos?

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chicago Motors, Asia Motors, and Motorsource all bring in lots of old police vehicles. I was looking at a 3/4 ton from there. Almost bought plane tickets but then the one I ended up buying popped up in San Antonio. Called them and they seemed legit. They're choosy about the vehicles they bring in.

What did you end up getting? Photos?
Like I said, I originally bought my Tahoe from Chicago motors last year and had a good experience. Was just curious as Asia motors seems to get not as much praise but those are just generic reviews, not from an enthusiast point of view.

Ended up with a black 2014 caprice. I’ll be picking it up Wednesday so no pics right now.

jsoltren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh neat! There is a dealer here in the Austin area that has two Caprices. Yes, they're pretty rare, practically a Holden Commodore. I shied away from them because I was concerned about the ease of finding replacement parts. Do you think you'll have any trouble with this?

Asia Motors at least posts all the Carfax reports on their site for free. I'd be less concerned about the cars coming in from California, Arizona, and Texas, and much more concerned about the ones coming in from Virginia.

When I called the owner he says they ship vehicles and do remote sales all the time. He was amenable to doing a Facetime chat for an interactive vehicle walkthrough. Buying remote is fine if you know what you're doing. If you don't, just remember to have a look at the roof and the underbody, that's where most of the easily visible problems like to hide. Then, call out a private inspector and wait for the report. I'm personally okay with vehicle shipping but I won't buy anything I don't see first in person. A $500 plane ticket, $200 motel and $100 in cab fees is a lot cheaper than a new transmission.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good mobile used car inspector in the Chicago area? I've got some for here in Austin that I'll post later today in my Yukon XL 2500 thread.

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh neat! There is a dealer here in the Austin area that has two Caprices. Yes, they're pretty rare, practically a Holden Commodore. I shied away from them because I was concerned about the ease of finding replacement parts. Do you think you'll have any trouble with this?

Asia Motors at least posts all the Carfax reports on their site for free. I'd be less concerned about the cars coming in from California, Arizona, and Texas, and much more concerned about the ones coming in from Virginia.

When I called the owner he says they ship vehicles and do remote sales all the time. He was amenable to doing a Facetime chat for an interactive vehicle walkthrough. Buying remote is fine if you know what you're doing. If you don't, just remember to have a look at the roof and the underbody, that's where most of the easily visible problems like to hide. Then, call out a private inspector and wait for the report. I'm personally okay with vehicle shipping but I won't buy anything I don't see first in person. A $500 plane ticket, $200 motel and $100 in cab fees is a lot cheaper than a new transmission.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good mobile used car inspector in the Chicago area? I've got some for here in Austin that I'll post later today in my Yukon XL 2500 thread.
I’m from Chicago originally so I’ve got family and friends there. Had a friend test drive it and send me detailed pictures. My plane ticket was $78 and Ted from Chicago motors is picking me up at ohare. After an oil change I’ll be making the 1000 mile drive home. I did it with my ssv Tahoe in September and all went well. Even drove it back to Chicago and back a month later.

Chuck Holl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I purchased 3 car from Chicago Motors in the last two years, a crown vic and two tahoes. Flew in all 3 times got picked up at the airport. Drove all 3 to las vegas. Not one issue going to be buying a 4th shortly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9