Which Yukon should I choose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Curjo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m looking mainly at 2 different 2018 Yukon XL’s to buy tomorrow. I don’t have time to go look at both so I’m wanting to get some advice from you guys. Here are the links for both. This silver one has less miles for roughly the same price but I have a confirmed trade value from the black one since I live right next to a sister dealership. My Honda I’m trading in is not Very good shape.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big difference in mileage, enough so that I would have to go look at the silver one, clean carfax. The black one is a Canadian vehicle. You could ask the Dealer on the silver one if they would match the trade value.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking mainly at 2 different 2018 Yukon XL’s to buy tomorrow. I don’t have time to go look at both so I’m wanting to get some advice from you guys. Here are the links for both. This silver one has less miles for roughly the same price but I have a confirmed trade value from the black one since I live right next to a sister dealership. My Honda I’m trading in is not Very good shape.

My preference is for the first one as it has the integrated trailer brake controller. I like the 18" wheels on the silver one better and it has 30K few miles. Tough choice.

Photos stink. Have you pulled up the CarFax for each?

I would pay CompNine $5 and download the RPO sheets for each truck and compare the options. I look for maximum cooling and towing abilities and higher numerical gear ratios.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would look to see where they lived. I can only imagine that the Canadian one has rust.

OP
OP
C

Curjo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unfortunately I’m in Wisconsin so a little rust is inevitable.

I went and test drove the silver one today and noticed a little clunk when accelerating from a dead stop. They looked at it again and said it is a motor mount and they are going to fix it. Would this be a no go for you guys? Really agonizing over this decision since it’s a lot of money and I’m gonna need it to last at least 5 years.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I’m in Wisconsin so a little rust is inevitable.

I went and test drove the silver one today and noticed a little clunk when accelerating from a dead stop. They looked at it again and said it is a motor mount and they are going to fix it. Would this be a no go for you guys? Really agonizing over this decision since it’s a lot of money and I’m gonna need it to last at least 5 years.
A broken motor mount is not uncommon. If they fix it, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Personally, I don’t think you can go wrong with either. I’d go with the lower mileage unit myself.

I’ve heard good thing about the Kunes family of dealers. Don’t know much about the McGrath family of dealers in the Chicagoland area.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have them fix the motor mount and then test-drive it again to make sure. Replacing a motor mount is no big deal and certainly not a deal buster.

SSpinball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you make no comment on Interior color me personally,
I would not even consider a SUV with Black Interior,
if you live in hot climate you know why !

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine mount or transmission mount means the truck was pushed hard. It shouldn't be broken at less than 120k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts