Which Vent shades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious of the purpose of these things?

You can open the window while its raining and not worry about the water getting in when raining. Plus they add a small bit of "cool" to the vehicle.

I had the insert ones on my burb. They sucked. Replaced them twice and the company even sent me a free pair - I think they were the Weathertechs.

Ended up replacing them with Wellvisors and had them painted to match the truck. They stick on but the front ones have an insert clip to help keep them stable. They are on 3 years now. I'm very happy.

suburban.jpg

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can open the window while its raining and not worry about the water getting in when raining. Plus they add a small bit of "cool" to the vehicle.

I had the insert ones on my burb. They sucked. Replaced them twice and the company even sent me a free pair - I think they were the Weathertechs.

Ended up replacing them with Wellvisors and had them painted to match the truck. They stick on but the front ones have an insert clip to help keep them stable. They are on 3 years now. I'm very happy.

View attachment 257582

Plus you can "air out" while it is parked leaving the windows cracked open.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the stick on ones that stick out further and give you more rain protection.

I have had both and cant say I have seen too much difference really. they both work pretty similarly

Just curious of the purpose of these things?

as stated it lets in some fresh air without the letting in the weather. also handy for parking a vehicle and leaving the windows cracked a little to let heat out in the sun ( and not rain if a pop up shower. if a smoker they are almost invaluable in foul weather. or in cases like my beater Tahoe with air that don't work, it helps with keeping windows from steaming/fogging up.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it help with the wind noise when trying to drive with the windows down?