Which transfer case do I have in my 2003 Yukon Denali XL?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dougmorgan7435

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I started hearing a bearing whine in my left front wheel on my newly purchased 2003 Yukon Denali XL...turns out the drivers side output shaft seal is pouring. Quick check at Autozone.com tells me I could have several different transfer cases , How do I tell which one I have? Thanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Output shaft has nothing to do with the transfer case unless I'm reading this wrong.

You have an 8.25" front differential. There are two kinds however.

Show us a picture of your buttons or look for the "N" codes on your RPO sheet in the glovebox.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Output shaft has nothing to do with the transfer case unless I'm reading this wrong.

Show us a picture of your buttons or look for the "N" codes on your RPO sheet in the glovebox.
I believe he is describing the front axle. That's why I gave the advice I did.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If he has a 2003 xl Denali I’m guessing it’s an AWD, and he won’t have any buttons on the dash for transfer case.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotcha, as I was writing my understanding of what was needed became more clear and my intent was to expound on what you wrote.
Thanks. I try to be nice when I'm typing those responses; then I come back later and realize they might not come across as nice... At least you guys know I'm not intentionally a dick.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started hearing a bearing whine in my left front wheel on my newly purchased 2003 Yukon Denali XL...turns out the drivers side output shaft seal is pouring. Quick check at Autozone.com tells me I could have several different transfer cases , How do I tell which one I have? Thanks
Have a look on your RPO sticker under the "N's" which is where the code for your transfer case is. It will be a NP3 or a NR4. You should have a AWD Borg Warner TCase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos