Which spring/shock combo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Berger83

Reaction score
I currently have mcgaughys 2/3 with the heavy duty rear lowering springs with the nivomat shocks I’m currently looking to do away with the nivomat shocks and getting new spring since those heavy duty springs are supposed to work only with the nivomat zw7 ride I’m wondering which set up is the better riding (smoother ride) bilstein 4600 with mcguahys light duty springs or bell tech springs with bilsteins 4600

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The ZW7 springs are soft. They're made to work with the Nivomat shocks. I had that setup before I lowered mine. I'm not sure which would work for you, but--before lowering, I swapped in some kyb shocks with the ZW7 springs and it was scary at highway speeds. The rearend was swaying side to side.

OP
OP
Berger83

Berger83

Reaction score
The ZW7 springs are soft. They're made to work with the Nivomat shocks. I had that setup before I lowered mine. I'm not sure which would work for you, but--before lowering, I swapped in some kyb shocks with the ZW7 springs and it was scary at highway speeds. The rearend was swaying side to side.
I’ve already lowered mine with a 2/3 drop but I’m getting rid of the nivomat shocks and going to regular shocks I wanted to know if mcgauhys springs with bilsteins shocks or bell tech springs with bilstein shocks

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i have a custom 5305 plus 1 spring. THat by far is better riding. There a reason i no longer touch mcgaughys or install

OP
OP
Berger83

Berger83

Reaction score
i have a custom 5305 plus 1 spring. THat by far is better riding. There a reason i no longer touch mcgaughys or install
Yeah since I ha e those self leveling shocks and they are $250+ in price a piece I want to get bilstein shocks for the rear but I wanted to know how the ride quality is between the belltechs and mcgauhys springs with bilstein shocks I want a smooth ride are you selling just the springs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts