?Which one? Leveling kit on tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyguy03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought 20'' wheels with 285/55/r20 tires on them. There going to rub a little in the front with my stock suspension.
Im no expert so im wondering if a 2'' leveling kit will work.

Im not a fan of torsion keys and was wondering if i can get coil spacers. If i can get coil spacers i was thinking a 2.5 in the front and 1'' in the back would look really good.

I also was wondering if theres a certain brand that makes good kits for tahoes that i should stick with.

any help would be great.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately that dont make spacers for the front unless you have a NNBS. The only way to the front is either torsion keys, a 3" skyjacker kit and then a full 6" kit. Im running keys and 2" spacers and i got a good 2"s all around. Ill get a little more once i get longer shocks. Spacers you can get off ebay for pretty cheap and for keys i would get them off a NBS f 150. They do the same thing just alot cheaper. My whole setup was $100

OP
OP
C

chevyguy03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
do you notice any riude quality loss with the keys in the front.
thats my main concern. I dont want to loose a good ride and i dont want parts to wear out quicker.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
The ride isnt that bad right now. Feels like a 2500hd. Once a get my shocks it will smooth out a bit. Get a good alignment and youll be set. Unless you looking for over 250,000 miles with out replacing somethin in the front youll be fine. I got 150,000 on mine and been lucky so far. Im going to upgrade to cognito tie rods and pitman arms later once i pic up some cash.

OP
OP
C

chevyguy03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Id like to get every bit of 200,000 miles out of mine. Its got 114,000 right now and i need it to last another 4-5 years.

How hard is it to remove these leveling kits and return to stock suspension.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Not very hard, the only problem is that i had to cut my keys out with a torch so they were garbage. If i want to go back to stock height i have to pull the spacers out and get new keys and throw them in.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
good info guys.. i'm looking to do the same thing. i want to put 20s w/33s on my tahoe though. you think they'll fit with just the leveling kit or would i have to do like a 3" lift??

OP
OP
C

chevyguy03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for your help.

I talked to a local installer today and he said he only recommends rough country or something like that. there keys and a 1'' spacer for the rear.

600$ installed

is this good or bad deal.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
VERY BAD DEAL haha. Get your keys and spacers off ebay. Grab a couple friends and do it in the driveway. Installers always try to push name brand bs.

brucebruce45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ford keys 100 bucks
shocks 100 bucks
1'' rear spacer 20 or 30 bucks
install it yourself its a lot cheaper