Which Oil filter do you use.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It can be a tedious process sometimes. If need help, just PM me or others for help, that offer. Best to have your RPO codes close and know the digits on the VIN for all the options.

Plus, if you contact @915_Tahoe, with the last 8 digits of your VIN and he can give you Genuine GM/AC Delco part numbers and prices and then you can cross to whatever after market stuff you want or check for the GM parts, with part numbers, at RA.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everytime i use rock auto im dissapointed i cannot find anything im looking for on that site.:flame::flame::flame: After further digging i found dexos 1 i assume this is the oil your talkng about.6 quarts im at 32.64 before tax and shipping am i missing a discount somewhere.
Use 109147 or 88865743. Use the 5% discount code on this forum in RAs section.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i am about to buy the rotella gas truck 5w-30 and see that it is being discontinued.Suprising since the test i seen against mobil 1 was impressive and close.I dont get why company's discontinue a very good product.I have this oil and amsoil to try and my testing will be done.Looks like im buying 3 gallons of rotella before its all gone.Amazon

Ya I saw that project farm video also !!! Rotella gas/truck is GOOD SH*T !!!!!!!! I stocked up when Autozone/Walmart clearance it out in 2019/2020, I only paid $1-2 a quart i think I have like 50 gallons of it in my storage as part of my "Personal Stash" >not< for sale :cool::chewie:

P.S You might wanna check your local farm stores some still carry this oil

1642605126268.png

1642605216869.png

Last edited:

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh that stinks! Rotella Gas Truck is very similar to the oil I use and better than Mobil One. I had a nice stock of oil, couple years worth until my daughter found out about it! Yeah, Maybe we'll pick up some too. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit, $30 a bottle on Amazon!
Edit again, well, even the ACDelco oil went up at RA too! $26+ before shipping!

FYI, Found out other day that Napa still sells Rotella Gas/Truck

Dave

Bob Miske

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm moving up from a 2006 Yukon to a 2009 Tahoe. The owner's manual says I should use a GM 48 filter or equivalent. My old Yukon took a GM 46. Can someone tell me what the difference is? I held them both side by side and I can't find any difference. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I'm moving up from a 2006 Yukon to a 2009 Tahoe. The owner's manual says I should use a GM 48 filter or equivalent. My old Yukon took a GM 46. Can someone tell me what the difference is? I held them both side by side and I can't find any difference. Thanks in advance.
Different thread size

The 06 has a 13/16-16 thread
The 09 has a 22x1.5mm thread

Last edited: