which is better??? body lift kit or the keys,and blocks in rear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got my 3" performance accs. lift kit but now i seen the keys with the blocks in the rear that will give me the 3" lift also

should i just put on the body lift kit or should i get the keys/blocks?????

which is better and why?

BlackedOutHoe

Low & Slow
Reaction score
BL.

keys dont do shit on an OBS, the originals are indexed enough to get all the lift possible.

blocks in the rear arent' the problem. the problem is that when you try to lift your torsion bars up 3 inches, you're going to strain your whole front end. your CV angles will be maxxed out so they could snap, along with horrible angles for the pitman arm, idler arm, tie rod ends, etc.

also you're not going to be able to crank to level 3 inches on an OBS. Trust me.

Just do the 3 inch body lift and if it's not enough for you, then throw in a 1 inch block and crank the bars up a small bit.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what he said. no way you're gonna get 3 inches by doing a torsion crank...and if you did it would surely break something and the ride would suck. just do the body lift.

OP
OP
riviera rider

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok sounds good hopefully saturday it isnt too cold out im gonna go to my dads crib and hes gonna help me put the body lift on, i already have it so mite as well install it now!

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Body lift...isnt there going to be gaps from the tailgate to the bumper?

billy69tahoe

Reaction score
im doin a 3"body lift and maybe 2" blocks in the back.depends on how high i can get the bars to crank without alot of stress on my front end.if to much then im doin a 1" block!! you dont want to break tie rods rollin at 70 mph!!!

OP
OP
riviera rider

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya im not cranking my keys much at all, maybe to give me another 1/2" or so i got to level out the front end anyway because one side is sitting higher about 1/2"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN