Where to mount light bar switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
2010gmcyukon

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update - After measuring the 12v outlet and starting to look for switches, I found that the switch included in the install kit is just the right size. Don't overlook the simple things :)

qcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I programmed the "on" button to position 1 and "off" button to position 2. I just held the remote up to the Homelink button and held down the remote button and either the 1 or 2 Homelink button until they flashed rapidly. It took a few tries, but I finally got it to work.

Thanks. I’ll give it a shot.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
more info

more info please

What info would you like to know?

The front camera I just have wired directly to the "up throw" of the switch since it is an aftermarket camera.

The rear camera is the factory camera and in order to maintain factory functionality, where it still turns on automatically in reverse, I had to install a 5 pin relay so that when my switch is in the off position the truck still sends power to the rear camera through the center pin of the relay when it is in the normally closed position and then when I flip the switch to the "down throw" position it causes the relay to flip and send power to the rear camera even while you are moving forward.

The relay is tied in under the dash on the drivers side where all the plugs are by the BCM.

I may have done a write up on it in my build thread, I can't remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24