Where is cheapest place to buy a new dash for my cracked one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No shit? Stored in the shade / climate controlled?
you think that is the issue it will just crumble over time or break with in a short time of installing it

the two spots where it typically cracks are high stress spot.. the panel closest to the windscreen puts a LOT of down force pressure on it despite only weighing 2 pounds

more then like the A plier panel is putting a lot of pressure on it and transferring it to the dash

a mistake was made when they designed the small panel... the error was only slight. Seems like a OCD error

I noticed the heavy down force pressure while repairing it i could use JB weld but would be pointless since it will just crack somewhere else close by..
the repair was NOT successful because of the heavy pressure

tell you solve the pressure issue it will keep cracking once the sun breaks down the plastic or if there is a frame flex (expansion/contraction cycles)

bd7d94b2-8985-1032-b743-4c3114d2dee3.jpg VwoysNM.jpg

Last edited:

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose I’m pretty damn lucky that I got six years out of it. The build date on the vehicle was April 4 and delivery was May 4, 2013

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best suggestion I can make is to tell you to have your entire front windshield tinted with a nano-ceramic film.

It will block 99% UVA and UVB rays and 50-70% of the heat.

If you have it tinted in a 70% film it is essentially clear and will not affect your visibility at night and will not cause you any problems with Leo's.

Here is a pic of mine for reference...
View attachment 220503
70% film over the entire windshield with an 8" wide 5% eyebrow/strip at the top and 18% on the front side windows to match the factory rear tint.

I have Titanium (grey) interior for the record.

The UV rays and heat are what kills the dash.

I’m sure the UV rays don’t help however mine sits in the garage at home, as a 15 minute drive to work early in the morning and late in the evening to be parked in the garage all weekend. We usually drive my wife’s vehicle. I think it’s just a ****** design

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Best suggestion I can make is to tell you to have your entire front windshield tinted with a nano-ceramic film.

It will block 99% UVA and UVB rays and 50-70% of the heat.

If you have it tinted in a 70% film it is essentially clear and will not affect your visibility at night and will not cause you any problems with Leo's.

Here is a pic of mine for reference...
View attachment 220503
70% film over the entire windshield with an 8" wide 5% eyebrow/strip at the top and 18% on the front side windows to match the factory rear tint.

I have Titanium (grey) interior for the record.

The UV rays and heat are what kills the dash.

I got 50% ceramic on my shield and it still cracked. Definitely prolonged the event. I repaired it for now to see how long it will hold before cracking again.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sure the UV rays don’t help however mine sits in the garage at home, as a 15 minute drive to work early in the morning and late in the evening to be parked in the garage all weekend. We usually drive my wife’s vehicle. I think it’s just a ****** design
well yeah they made and error that puts heavy pressure on the Main dash piece.. I can show you a video of it if you would like to see what i'm talking about

Todd Browning

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello tlsmith22,

You are welcome to send me a private message here on the site! I understand that you've sent an email to us and have been working with one of my colleagues. We do work in the same department and although I do suggest that you continue working with him, I am sorry to hear that you feel this way. I would be glad to look into this for you. Please PM me with your contact info and VIN and we can go from there! :)

Andraya
GM Customer Care

Wondering if you could help me out as well. 07 Tahoe LT 4WD FLEX Fuel 5.3L, Part #23224749 Price through gmelitepart.com is $339.35 + $14.95 shipping. I am a GM employee & didn't know if there was a way to get a better deal or not. TIA

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True there is a newer gen dash 13+ that is a better material?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518