Where is cheapest place to buy a new dash for my cracked one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats most disappointing to me is that i have the gmmp but snce the dash is considered "trim" its not covered. 2010 with 38 k miles denali.
Dealered offered me $500 "desl". But i can buy one on internet and labor for 2 hrs and get that. Gm is doing zero for me while making it look to the moron customer that they are. Interesting how tactics at dealer are similar to the manufacturer.
At least replace it under gmpp and let me do defuctible- to me, that would be fair.

tx tahoe z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're very welcome! We've received your PM and we will be responding to you shortly.

Kristen A.
GM Customer Care

PM sent.

Have a 2009 Tahoe LT with a cracked dash - above the instrument cluster and at both top corners of the passenger airbag with the center section sagging about 2 inches. To me, it's a safety concern; no telling what shrapnel the cracked dash will send flying in a collision or when the airbag deploys at 200mph.

I will report back on the resolution.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine got fixed a few years ago and it cracked again

Lol. I hate to laugh, but I did when I read your post. Not surprised it cracked again. For anyone looking to replace their dash, but also keep their truck for a number of years still, I'm sure it'll just end up cracking again unless you take steps in the future to minimize risk. Luckily, mine has a very small crack that I really don't notice unless I'm detailing the interior. Still kinda bugs me, but unless it gets worse I'm just gonna leave it alone for now.

ezstriper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a whole group on FB just on the cracking dash deal, hundreds have tried to get GM to fix or help, they give smoke and mirrors B/S and bottom line you still are going to pay a hefty amount 98% of the time...a few have gotten theirs done pretty cheap..but damn few, I started using the dashskins here done several and do a great job for $300 installed...

cracked dash.jpg IMG_1802.JPG

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add my 2013 Tahoe to the sh*tshow. Just forked over $596 for the replacement; GM covered the labor and 7-days for a rental suburban to drive. GMEPP of course did not cover as it was trim so GM CAC stepped in with a case # to resolve.

The vehicle has only 65k, parked in my garage at home and is driven to work where it is parked in the garage. We frequent a few theme parks, where it is parked in a garage. A few trips to North Georgia to see the in-laws...and park in their garage. Total BS.

Thinking of buying a spare dashboard to keep just in case they discontinue the

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add my 2013 Tahoe to the sh*tshow. Just forked over $596 for the replacement; GM covered the labor and 7-days for a rental suburban to drive. GMEPP of course did not cover as it was trim so GM CAC stepped in with a case # to resolve.

The vehicle has only 65k, parked in my garage at home and is driven to work where it is parked in the garage. We frequent a few theme parks, where it is parked in a garage. A few trips to North Georgia to see the in-laws...and park in their garage. Total BS.

the dash will just crumble away :( sitting there

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

Best suggestion I can make is to tell you to have your entire front windshield tinted with a nano-ceramic film.

It will block 99% UVA and UVB rays and 50-70% of the heat.

If you have it tinted in a 70% film it is essentially clear and will not affect your visibility at night and will not cause you any problems with Leo's.

Here is a pic of mine for reference...
rps20190407_235931.jpg
70% film over the entire windshield with an 8" wide 5% eyebrow/strip at the top and 18% on the front side windows to match the factory rear tint.

I have Titanium (grey) interior for the record.

The UV rays and heat are what kills the dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne