Where did YOU run your amp power wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Splorg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in where and how everyone here ran the power lead for their aftermarket amplifiers. Being in Central Pennsylvania and not wanting to compromise the watertight connectors for the truck, while my audio gear is stuck in UPS limbo between California and here I figured it would be a good time to get some ideas of where everyone else poked that wore through into the cab.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

MTHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you interested in where people run power leads through the firewall? or where they route them in the interior?

OP
OP
Splorg

Splorg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both, actually. I have some ideas of where I need to go but I'm interested in how everyone else accomplished it.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran the power wire through the firewall with a newly drilled and grometted hole, near the brake piston and reservoir unit. Ran the power wire along the driver's side near the doors, under the carpet (ran the Acc On and low voltage wires along the passenger's side, under the carpet, to minimize magnetically-induced flux interference).

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in where and how everyone here ran the power lead for their aftermarket amplifiers. Being in Central Pennsylvania and not wanting to compromise the watertight connectors for the truck, while my audio gear is stuck in UPS limbo between California and here I figured it would be a good time to get some ideas of where everyone else poked that wore through into the cab.

Ran mine (1/0) along the stock harness under the truck, then drilled in the bottle jack compartment.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My '07 has a grommet (I think it is for the parking cable) under the carpet on the driver's side floor pan you can poke and sneak the wire through, not sure about your year if you have that or not.

So from battery, across the firewall to the driver's side, down the frame wire harness/brake lines routing past the first body mount, then trough that grommet into the cabin and along the door sills. If you don't have that grommet you can install one.

MTHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I used an existing grommet on the driver's side firewall and passed my power lead through it, then I passed it all along the plastic cladding/carpet on the drivers side door and passenger door.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '07 has a grommet (I think it is for the parking cable) under the carpet on the driver's side floor pan you can poke and sneak the wire through, not sure about your year if you have that or not.

So from battery, across the firewall to the driver's side, down the frame wire harness/brake lines routing past the first body mount, then trough that grommet into the cabin and along the door sills. If you don't have that grommet you can install one.

I used an existing grommet on the driver's side firewall and passed my power lead through it, then I passed it all along the plastic cladding/carpet on the drivers side door and passenger door.

This worked out great! Thanks for the idea!

IMG_3495.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons