Where’d you buy your Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To be fair, I don’t think their markup is all that crazy for Chicago motors.

I just took a look. The prices arent bad, especially considering you can take it for a test drive, the selection is good, I would have considered it if they were close. I just couldn't find a black PPV within my region under $10K except on govdeals.

Trc54

Reaction score
Back when I was looking for mine I found one at Asia Motors in Chicago. For logistical reasons I rode with my dad in his 18 wheeler. After a 6 hour drive there from Iowa it was pretty clear that it was not accurately represented. I took my check already made out for that particular truck and walked. Came back to Chicago a month later and went to Chicago Motors. I've driven my 11 ssv through everything Nebraska and Iowa winters have thrown my way and have not had a single issue. With over 70k miles I've put on the truck all I've done was change the oil. My dads 10 ssv has had a few more issues than mine but he's done quite a few mods(repainted the whole truck, new headlights, lifted it, 18in wheels on 33s) if I ever had to recommend a dealer its Chicago motors!

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back when I was looking for mine I found one at Asia Motors in Chicago. For logistical reasons I rode with my dad in his 18 wheeler. After a 6 hour drive there from Iowa it was pretty clear that it was not accurately represented. I took my check already made out for that particular truck and walked. Came back to Chicago a month later and went to Chicago Motors. I've driven my 11 ssv through everything Nebraska and Iowa winters have thrown my way and have not had a single issue. With over 70k miles I've put on the truck all I've done was change the oil. My dads 10 ssv has had a few more issues than mine but he's done quite a few mods(repainted the whole truck, new headlights, lifted it, 18in wheels on 33s) if I ever had to recommend a dealer its Chicago motors!
Asia motors seems like bottom of the barrel vehicles, mostly from the salt states. Chicago motors sure does have two classes of vehicle. Civilian and municipality. They basically said a PD will call up and just buy whatever, they just care about specs and not nicks/dings/scratches/worn stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt