When is enough to let go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DadsToy

DadsToy

Reaction score
I see people taking those K-cars and drag racing them. One dude installed a 6cyl and big turbo that made like 800hp. Was ridiculous amount of power for that car. Would lift the front wheels off the ground.
Just goes to show you how crazy the used car market is. Craziest is the truck market. Like an 2004 chevy truck with 285K miles and they want $29,000 for it. And its all beat up and looks like donkey. Or even better they say it doesn't run. Like I am really going to spend 10 to 20K for something that doesn't run.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
In all fairness, that Chevette had about 16k miles on it and was completely straight. But a "CHEVETTE", c'mon man!!!!!!!!!

Aquamania001

Reaction score
When is enough to let go of your Hoe? Factors to consider are the age of the car. Cost to keep it up. or is it worth just buying another car.
I started a project Tahoe with the mind set I was only going to use the profit from my other car to fix the Tahoe. Which is almost coming to an end. Then there is the issue of book value, just in case if I decided get rid of the car. I do most all the work to save money. But I am at the point where I am not physically able to work on the car any more. Sad to say, cause I enjoy working and fixing things. The satisfaction that I built it gives me the mental boost to keep going in life.
I work on the Tahoe last night trying to swap the steering box out. After 3hours of banging, on trying to get the idlers arm off. I called it quits... gave up on trying to fix it. I needed to remove the bracket in order to put the new one on. Had it on the vise, used the proper tools, heat etc. No one was going to win this battle. I am at a point I should just cut my losses and get rid of the car and start over with something else. Or is it worth it to keep on spending money. Have some one else do the work. And complete the project.
Have any of you just got to a point, saying is it really worth keeping?....Should I keep it at no matter the cost?
I just turned 300,000 on mine and am now going for 500,000. Going to keep her until the doors fall off and then put on new doors!

OP
OP
DadsToy

DadsToy

Reaction score
It is sad day. I gave up on my project. Life was getting in the way. Had to sell my Tahoe. Regretting it. Basically gave it away. But some day I might be able to get another project car. And this time I'll be able to keep it. So enough was enough, Money pit in the end with no value.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It is sad day. I gave up on my project. Life was getting in the way. Had to sell my Tahoe. Regretting it. Basically gave it away. But some day I might be able to get another project car. And this time I'll be able to keep it. So enough was enough, Money pit in the end with no value.
So now, what mods are you going to do to the Pinto Wagon?

I wish I would have gotten a pic of a Dodge Magnum yesterday. Sounded and looked very nice.

Gmg0547

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that @DadsToy. I've been thinking about similar situations to this the last few days.

With these trucks now 20 years old and a lot in the 200-250k range, and needing another "refresh" do you think there is a demand for either current owners to pay for a mild refresh or new to nbs owners to purchase a refreshed model with those kind of miles? It seems most on this forum perform their own work, but I still see a ton of nbs's everyday and can't imagine everyone does this.

It seems that even with the high mileage, if cared for the trucks still have a lot of life left. I guess the question is are the trucks liked this much for people who don't do their own work to continue to invest in them even at this age and mileage?

I've been see a lot of good looking hoes, Denalis, and escalades being parted out and at the pick and pull in my area and I hate to see it.

Sorry to hijack the thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17